Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit if a painful lesson this transfer window, but hopefully it’ll stand us in good stead for the future. When we’re allowed to spend again, maybe the powers that be will put a bit more thought into recruitment.

100%

As many have said, RB in particular has been an issue for years. Not addressing it before now is a massive black mark against him regardless of what your opinion is of him otherwise.

This window, though, he has been cut off at the knees by a sheer inability to spend anything of note. That doesn’t excuse him of anything, but if we couldn’t find an RB under otherwise perfect market conditions, I suppose our expectations probably should have shifted accordingly when the padlock was put on his piggy bank.
Maybe Brands just isn’t up to the job, The Everton hierarchy is quite clearly a mind field

A lot of cynics on here like to go on about phantom bids to appease fans. This absolutely felt like one of those. It’d have been a no-win for the club anyway because if we’d have paraded our fancy £30m winger about without having spent the relative pittance to sort out the RB position there’d have been kickoffs anyway.
They had 0 interest in James and so that deal was dead in the water from the first rumor.

He's fixed nothing and added to our problems.

The majority are finally waking up to what a poor job he has done. You will too soon enough.

Yes I tend to reluctantly agree now.
I guess I thought anyone after Walsh will have been an improvement but I fail to see what Brands brings to the table when it comes to buying and selling of players.

Damage was done before Brands came along. He tried to fix it but having 5 managers in 5 years hasn’t helped, not even like the manager have had the same philosophy, been a major problem.
Yeah, you’re not wrong. He could very well be the massive incompetent that many think he is but it’s actually hard to tell due to the rest of the horror show that’s unfolded around us in recent times.

This window will undoubtedly do wonders for our financial situation but a morale booster it has certainly not been.

BREAKING NEWS, LIVE SCENES AT FINCH FARM

tumble-weed.gif

I'm sure that FFP applies if we qualify for Europe, I agree on the losses but think it relates to Profit and Loss under PL Rules, that is hamstringing us?
Yes PL rules and the punishments are unlimited.

We have been talking to them all summer and I’m sure some of the outgoing transfer dealing in recent days will really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.