Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, please
We have pissed money up the wall every single window. Terroble signings galore. That although this window is a terrible window. It beat the previous ones. Or may seem so giving the players are free and all scoring and assisting and putting a shift in which on the basis of the four games. Are doing. Terrible window. Potentially our best in 10 years.

The manager is getting a tune out of a squad with no injuries or suspensions. Behind the first 11 there is very little quality, it's reasonable to be worried about what happens when first team players are unavailable and it's reasonable to ask questions of the club as to how, with all of the money that has been spent on fees and wages, that this has happened.

But we do have injuries. We've not been able to field our strongest 11 yet this season.

I think the reason I'm not worried is I think our ceiling is probably 7th with luck on our side around injuries (maybe sneak 6th if sides around us underperform) and if we are unlucky with injuries we'll probably finish 10th again. So it's conference league or nothing. It's just not worth getting worked up about. Let's see what benitez can do and hope that this appointment brings us stability as we move into the era of the new stadium.

We have pissed money up the wall every single window. Terroble signings galore. That although this window is a terrible window. It beat the previous ones. Or may seem so giving the players are free and all scoring and assisting and putting a shift in which on the basis of the four games. Are doing. Terrible window. Potentially our best in 10 years.
Allan doucoure James was a good window for the money obviously the way it's working out with the club trying to off load james and the manager maybe reluctant to play him the wages have become a millstone

For me the biggest problem relates to the acquisitions. Yes they are perfectly serviceable squad fillers, but their age profile is concerning.

We all expect Richarlison to be sold next summer, and I would imagine that if we have a poor season, there is a good chance DCL will request to go too. IF that happened, we would also be losing (not necessarily a bad thing) James, Sigurdsson, Branthwaite, Kenny and Delph at the end of their contracts. Plus players like Allan, Mina and Gomes will be in the final year of their contracts.

We will be left with a 33 year old Rondon, 31 year old Townsend, 60 year old Begovic, plus Seamus will be getting his bus pass etc.

The nature of the signings and the existing squad actually leaves us with an unbelievably large amount of work to do on the squad. And even if we sold Richarlison and DCL for good cash, it won't be easy to bring in that many players. I didn't want Benitez at all but the club should be giving him a chance to succeed.

"If all these terrible things were to happen, then that would be terrible"

The fundamental issue is that if our managers want a player, the only way we can attract them is by over-paying wages. Mina and Rondon for example are not worth the inflated wage, but would they be here for a "paltry" £40K per week? Same for James, 2 year contract with former boss would have been fine, as we would have forgiven anything with both of them.

Because our current manager does not want to play James, then we overpaid for him.

"If all these terrible things were to happen, then that would be terrible"
Nice patronising tone fella, cheers.

It is highly likely Richarlison goes, DCL is speculation on my part that he will seek to go on the back of a bad season. At his age wouldn't you want to try and win something/play in Europe?

The other things are statement of fact re contract lengths.

The manager is getting a tune out of a squad with no injuries or suspensions. Behind the first 11 there is very little quality, it's reasonable to be worried about what happens when first team players are unavailable and it's reasonable to ask questions of the club as to how, with all of the money that has been spent on fees and wages, that this has happened.
Erm.. do you not remember heads falling off on Saturday when the teamsheet came out?? lol

So, Begovic, Lonergan, Townsend, Gray and Rondon is better than the window when we signed Lukaku and Barry? OK.

Would be interested to know if we have had any actual credible bids for DCL, Richarlison, Digne and Godfrey.

Also, I see you are counting Hammy Rodz as a member of this Improved Squad, I'm fairly certain that Bulbous Benny does not.

Only as an example of we kept hold of Richalrison DCL Digne despite failing abysmally, and then went and added four top quality signings ok top of that for Ancelotti. We’ve then retains all of those players for Benitez. At some point a mid table enterprise not playing European football is going to have to sell a crown Jewell to keep buying.

But we do have injuries. We've not been able to field our strongest 11 yet this season.

I think the reason I'm not worried is I think our ceiling is probably 7th with luck on our side around injuries (maybe sneak 6th if sides around us underperform) and if we are unlucky with injuries we'll probably finish 10th again. So it's conference league or nothing. It's just not worth getting worked up about. Let's see what benitez can do and hope that this appointment brings us stability as we move into the era of the new stadium.
I think that is wildly optimistic but we'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.