Everton team culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta2391

Player Valuation: £30m
I've only been a fan since 2006 so I did get to experience the false dawn of hope that was the Moyes years. As limited as the budget was and the quality of players that were at our disposal. They accomplished Europa League qualification multiple times and even an FA cup final. As well multiple times that they were about to come back from a deficit scoreline. There was team spirit and cohesiveness through it all as there was a team culture in place.

Where does the team culture stand now?

Is it rotten or the players a product of modern football?

or this an endless case of "Everton that."

Haven’t changed my mind much since 2018.

Being spineless almost sounds like prerequisite to wear the shirt these days

Everton fans can tolerate players trying but ultimately failing. If they're not good enough despite their best efforts, so be it - it's then on the club to bring in better players, but if the players have simply found their level then sound.

What we can't tolerate is not trying in the first place, being content with failure, coasting on a contract.

The vast majority of our current squad are the latter. They are cowards.

Being spineless almost sounds like prerequisite to wear the shirt these days

Its the sad reality of modern Everton, ive seen far worse Everton teams and less talented squads but they always competed as a minimum. Since 2017, all Everton squads have had a big yellow streak running through them and melt when the pressure is on, season in, season out.

The team don’t represent the fans anymore, the values of the club and supporters can’t identify with the team.

I joke in the “manager” thread about “occupied Everton” - but it’s probably actually an apt description.

Its the sad reality of modern Everton, ive seen far worse Everton teams and less talented squads but they always competed as a minimum. Since 2017, all Everton squads have had a big yellow streak running through them and melt when the pressure is on, season in, season out.

The team don’t represent the fans anymore, the values of the club and supporters can’t identify with the team.

I joke in the “manager” thread about “occupied Everton” - but it’s probably actually an apt description.
Which far worse Everton teams and less talented squads have you seen?

Totally agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.