Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem isn't it? They don't have a very encouraging track record with these things...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/who-was-the-worst-phantom-bid.89812/

I would agree, however 'if' the new regime is to be believed in then I'm personally just being patient. Don't get me wrong I'm chomping at the bit for new signings but I think it will happen when it happens.

I remember the days when i had to check ceefax as a kid just hoping we have signed someone. Everybody wants everything and they want it now these days.

I honestly think this is the summer people were expecting:

July 1st - 5-6 major signings arrive.
July 2nd - Stones, Kone, Niasse etc. sold
July 3rd - All evertonians hungover
July 4th - Everyone is in training doing Rondo's and looking like we're gonna win the league.

Job done.

Think people just expected to have maybe one of our targets signed by the time most of our competitors are half way through their pre-season actually

Moshiri and Kenwright met with Big Joe yesterday about the new stadium, Why would they bother if there wasn't money to be spent.
I began this window as impatient as anyone for new faces, Fact is the NEW manager needed to see first hand what holes needed filling, He didn't have last season to check as other established Premier managers have.

Please don't mention Jose, That get always buys success anyway, I bet he will have a new side by window close...He doesn't need to fill holes.
I'm convinced we will all be happy come early August...

If not ? well...I dunno but were not anywhere near that yet. Give em 2 weeks.

I honestly think this is the summer people were expecting:

July 1st - 5-6 major signings arrive.
July 2nd - Stones, Kone, Niasse etc. sold
July 3rd - All evertonians hungover
July 4th - Everyone is in training doing Rondo's and looking like we're gonna win the league.

Job done.
I'll take a guess and say you are happy with:

July 21st - nada

?

Think people just expected to have maybe one of our targets signed by the time most of our competitors are half way through their pre-season actually

We finished 11th mate City, United, Chelsea etc. who've done potentially the best business so far aren't our competitors next season. We're only 3 weeks into an 8 week transfer window and have played one training game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back