Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like us to go and have a sniff at Diawara and/or Neves.

If we cant get the bigger names, then maybe go for the next "big names", and these 2 will be immense, and go for massive fee's in the future.

Anything in particular that you like to sniff at?

sniff.webp

I don't think anyone is saying that.

No one has the stones to say it but it is being implied all the time. Barry still has a lot to offer, McCarthy could do that holding role job, rather Barry than Gueye etc etc. Barry was suitable for the player we need now 10 years ago, McCarthy has never been good enough.

It's called facing reality mate, but you're free to live in la la land if you want.
A new manager is bound to take a lot longer to make signings, he has to come in and assess his squad, youth etc. then he has to decide what positions to address and speak to players and agents to see if they are open to a move. Only then would we speak club to club. Had he been in charge since January I would agree with you but he has had to fit 4 months work into 3 weeks. It was never going to run like a Swiss watch with both a new manager and an International tournament in the same summer.

No one has the stones to say it but it is being implied all the time. Barry still has a lot to offer, McCarthy could do that holding role job, rather Barry than Gueye etc etc. Barry was suitable for the player we need now 10 years ago, McCarthy has never been good enough.

honestly think barry is still good enough, even against betis he was are best player people think just cause he is old he is passed it not showing it at the moment

Ancient history. It simply isn't 2013 anymore, some people really need to start coming to terms with that. Everyone else in the league moved on donks ago.

I wasn't saying it was 2013, I just said that the situation seems similar.

It's very unlikely that it would play out like it did three years ago, of course.

12 Days until the premier league season and not one signing to be played in the starting 11 is late, i know we will sign people and hopefully the targets we have been chasing, but unless they are Premier League players i wouldn't expect them to be ready for another few weeks.

Don't think it's the end of the world and a total reshuffle of backroom staff was the priority, just don't think the team we currently have will get off to a winning start this season. Would of been nice to see a couple of these marquee signings get used to playing under Koeman before getting chucked in the deep end.

It would have been nice to see these signings but the point is that when they do come in they are good enough to fit straight into the side.

That's why they'd be 'marquee' in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back