Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha heads falling off everywhere. I'm sure people were expecting us to announce Messi.

We've had 2 shockingly bad seasons, we're not a particularly glamorous proposition at the moment (once you take your blue tinted specs off)

Ashley Williams is a top defender, defending is something we've been appauling at the past 2 seasons.

Honestly don't know much about Kone, but from what I hear he is one of Sunderland's best players.

As for Bolasie, I actually think he's a good player, and Koeman obviously thinks he fits the bill.

As for the cost, you can thank the Manchester clubs for these ridiculous prices, but honestly, when did we all become Everton's accountants? Is it your personal money? Stop worrying about the costs!

And finally, the window is not shut yet, I honestly believe Koeman is very aware of what he has inherited and what he needs to do to fix it.

Lets all take a deep breath, and relax.

Very surprised we don't seem to be targeting players with potential to improve. 5 potential signings, and and all at peak or beyond.

It's a different market, requires a different mentality to what we've been used to over the last few years. The Academy will still recruit the best young talent. But for the first team squad we don't need to be always looking for "investments", players who we think could be sold at a profit a few years down the line. The priority is bringing in players who will fit right into the squad and who can do a job for us now.

Exactly this.

Moshiri pledged £100m + Player Sales, right? So that's £140.4m to spend (£100m + Stones fee after Barnsley's 15%) minus Stekkers (£1m) + Gueye (£7.1m) = £132.3m left to spend WITHOUT further departures so...

Williams (£13m)
Kone (£18m)
Bolasie (£25m)

Leaves us with £76.3m...

We will still offload a couple (Pessimistically say we recoup £20m)...

We have £96.3m left to spend (pretty much the original investment we were all wetting ourselves about) AFTER bringing in 5 players...

Calm the F down!

We will be seeing some big signings too, the incomings atm are Walsh/Koeman squad players, plenty in the coffers for Mata/Witsel/Whoever You Want!

Well said mein frandel.

To expand on this, the Martinez Mantra of leaving a window stronger than you come in has stuck with me, the utter trumpet chatted some pyar durge, but that always stuck with me, I realise the window isnt closed currently, but this, is technically the "business" we have done :

OUT
Stones
Howard
Pienaar
Osman
Hibbert

IN
Kone
Bolasie
Stickleback
Williams
Gueye

We have added height, power, pace and leadership.

I havent mentioned money, cos it DOESNT matter, we as fans should only care about the Ins and the Outs.

Im personally pleased with the business we have currently done and look forward to MORE of it.

Haha heads falling off everywhere. I'm sure people were expecting us to announce Messi.

We've had 2 shockingly bad seasons, we're not a particularly glamorous proposition at the moment (once you take your blue tinted specs off)

Ashley Williams is a top defender, defending is something we've been appauling at the past 2 seasons.

Honestly don't know much about Kone, but from what I hear he is one of Sunderland's best players.

As for Bolasie, I actually think he's a good player, and Koeman obviously thinks he fits the bill.

As for the cost, you can thank the Manchester clubs for these ridiculous prices, but honestly, when did we all become Everton's accountants? Is it your personal money? Stop worrying about the costs!

And finally, the window is not shut yet, I honestly believe Koeman is very aware of what he has inherited and what he needs to do to fix it.

Lets all take a deep breath, and relax.

great post Anna, I think people forget that we've been utterly crap for 2 seasons and we need to change that. He's getting strong, physical defenders in and it's going to take time to get the top end players we all crave.

I'm confident him and Walsh know what they're doing and know what we need to get us up and running.

Exactly this.

Moshiri pledged £100m + Player Sales, right? So that's £140.4m to spend (£100m + Stones fee after Barnsley's 15%) minus Stekkers (£1m) + Gueye (£7.1m) = £132.3m left to spend WITHOUT further departures so...

Williams (£13m)
Kone (£18m)
Bolasie (£25m)

Leaves us with £76.3m...

We will still offload a couple (Pessimistically say we recoup £20m)...

We have £96.3m left to spend (pretty much the original investment we were all wetting ourselves about) AFTER bringing in 5 players...

Calm the F down!

We will be seeing some big signings too, the incomings atm are Walsh/Koeman squad players, plenty in the coffers for Mata/Witsel/Whoever You Want!

*Tots up in head*

The maths checks out.

Step aside Damo, we have our new Financial Expert.

I mentioned it earlier as someone said to me Everton are turning into Newcastle.
I was horrified.
I sorry to say this but I hate your forum name it makes me think of Graeme souness he was number 11 as well,not that you will be arsed.

Well said mein frandel.

To expand on this, the Martinez Mantra of leaving a window stronger than you come in has stuck with me, the utter trumpet chatted some pyar durge, but that always stuck with me, I realise the window isnt closed currently, but this, is technically the "business" we have done :

OUT
Stones
Howard
Pienaar
Osman
Hibbert

IN
Kone
Bolasie
Stickleback
Williams
Gueye

We have added height, power, pace and leadership.

I havent mentioned money, cos it DOESNT matter, we as fans should only care about the Ins and the Outs.

Im personally pleased with the business we have currently done and look forward to MORE of it.

You state this as Williams Kone and Bolasie have signed.
Have I missed something things can still go wrong and in Bolasies case I truly hope it does.

How come all this activity all of a sudden.
Hmmmmm I wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back