Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koemans priority was to sort the defence. He may have done that and brought in a young energetic defensive midfielder.

We may not be as entertaining going forward but i doubt we will see us conceding as many. 192 conceded in 143 games under Bobby.

I've been away for a few days, and, while I've been checking in as often as possible, I'm not entirely sure where things stand. Stones has been sold - I know that - and it looks like we're definitely signing Williams, Kone, and Bolassie, to go with Gueye and Stekelenburg. Witsel, Mata, and Carvalho appear unlikely. From the little I've saw of us last season and from what I've seen of our pre-season games, I'd say we went into the close season needing pace, dynamism, simplicity, leadership, certainty, and control. Access to social media has turned me into a demanding child, which means I'm disappointed we've not kept Stones and signed a dozen fancy, expensive players. I'm pleased, however, that we have a manager who gets angry when his players make avoidable mistakes, and I imagine he'll be looking to add a goalkeeper, a striker, and a progressive midfielder who values possession between now and the end of the month. Their names and fees don't matter, so long as they are effective and have the right character, and we'll only know that once we've played a few real games.

Koemans priority was to sort the defence. He may have done that and brought in a young energetic defensive midfielder.

We may not be as entertaining going forward but i doubt we will see us conceding as many. 192 conceded in 143 games under Bobby.
Yep, assuming we complete on Kone, that just leaves a top drawer keeper now, and we're already a far better side than last season, as we'll stop leaking Sunday League level goals, and heaven knows, we might even be able to defend a set piece!

I'll feel better about us defensively when we have Kone confirmed. We will have real leadership and physicality in there then, and badly needed.

Can't take anything for granted with Everton though.

Much more work still to be done with signings.

I do think we'll be busy but now I am more or less expecting to feel disappointed and underwhelmed at our 'efforts' by the end.

The trend in optimism and quality of players signed/linked is most definitely on a downward trajectory this last fortnight.

It would be great to get to the end of the window and feel that Everton have done their best, really given it a go, and pushed expectation and excitement levels.

I have never experienced such a transfer window as a blue, and don't think I ever will.

Ray of sunshine this morning aren't I? :)

Robles, Gibson, McGeady, Kone, Lennon, Naisse, Cleverley, McCarthy, Garbutt, Galloway, McAleny.

Looks like a massive overhaul. Jagielka and Barry will stay. Most of the abovementioned players would either be sold or out on loan.

Out of the above I'd definitely keep Galloway and possibly Robles and Gibson(I know, I know) but we could generate a fair amount on the likes of Cleverley/McCarthy/Lennon.
Undecided: Garbutt
Bin: Kone/McGeady/Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back