Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
failed at what?

fulfilling your expectations?

We've improved the squad and coaching staff compared to the end of last season. We're in a good position to kick on and could do with a few more additions.

Nothing's in the public domain so how can you deem that we have failed, especially considering the window is still open?

I expected much better mate. Don't want another argument with you. I respect you feel otherwise and that's fine. I'm pretty underwhelmed but hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Broke the world record transfer fee at the time, got us called the Mersey millionaires by the press due to us outspending everyone for who we wanted.

Mate, Moshiri is great for us, but in compararitive terms Moores was a different ballpark.
Moores put little of his own money in apart from buying shares. The purchases of players were bank loans guaranteed by Moores.

Sadly the burden of proof falls on you.

Anyway, as ive said all summer and been laughed at, 8 signings in total excluding Stickleback, 3 down 5 to go.

That falls on Moshiri - and in time I believe he will show what his plan is for the club.

At some point, either the believers will be vaulted or the cynics will.

"Leave the mothers out of it people! That was unnecessary..."

Everyone's bored and annoyed. So am I But we can't judge the window until it closes.

At the moment it is a little unwhelming and If it ended like this I would also judge our summer as disappointing. We were so supposed to have money and we haven't really spent any so far (minus the Stones sale). At the moment I'm questioning things a bit because if Moshiri/EFC are "big time" we'd have gone out and bought a player like Hart with little problem at all. The fact we haven't is a bit worrying. We knew in May that we needed a new no.1.

I can forgive the koulibali mata witsel transfers falling through because they already have offers of big money from established European clubs. However, a club with ambitions (as we all hope efc are) should be able to push transfers like Hart and Kone through.

Still some time left though. Fingers crossed!

P.s. People talk of possible investment in the land/new stadiums. In the long term this is far more important than a few shiny new players. The problem is that a new stadium will be years away and it's difficult to imagine it ever happening. Like Christmas in October when your 7 years old.

I expected much better mate. Don't want another argument with you. I respect you feel otherwise and that's fine. I'm pretty underwhelmed but hoping for a pleasant surprise.

I expected a bit more but I also always suspected it was likely to go down to the wire.

Ultimately that's how it's turned out, I wish it hadn't. I just don't think that makes us amateur.

failed at what?

fulfilling your expectations?

We've improved the squad and coaching staff compared to the end of last season. We're in a good position to kick on and could do with a few more additions.

Nothing's in the public domain so how can you deem that we have failed, especially considering the window is still open?

He,s speaking for himself and you do not represent the club.

For someone who supposed to work in the media you next to nothing about validating half the stuff you think you know as a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back