Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.

It's a tough market as far as I can see, no one has gone through it with ease, Arsenal and Chelsea have puffed through it and you don't get a sense they got their top targets. City and United I think Prob got most of what they wanted but spent Star Wars cash to achieve it.

Chelsea are spending 30 million to sign Luiz again, let that sink in, I'd rather we sat on our hands and concentrated on the togger and what we have, signings are a small element of the game for me.

Last edited:

ive liked him since the world cup and wanted him here ! did you not watch it ? algeria were class ! dont even think mahrez played....well i dont remember him ! but slimani and brahimi were class above !
Didn't really watch much of the World Cup to be honest. By the time I got back from the gym after work and did all my food prepping the games were almost over. It's a tough life being an aggressive go getter. #WorkHardPlayHard

It used to be called Lourdes if I remember .
Yes that's right it was. Perhaps we could go back to the original name for the last 24H, might be in need of a miracle or two. Appreciate my first ever post might have been a bit picky. But at this late stage I really wouldn't want any potential signings to flounder because they were aimlessly wandering round Walton Looking for the right hospital.

My biggest issue is, again, the timing of all this.

We are, by far, the highest bidder in terms of wages and fee for Witsel. He stalls. And stalls. And stalls. People get impatient, say 'why are we not moving onto plan B' and told 'you just can't do that, have patience'. So it looks like it's off weeks ago. And we never seemed to move for plan B.

Wtf happened there?

We know Kone and Niasse are crap. Season begins and we don't even have a recognized striker. We wait until three matches in to go for a striker.

Wtf happened there?

Keeper...enough said there.

What the utter hell happened in this window?

but who are we missing out on? people keep on mentioning that we're just gawking in awe of other team's signings but nobody has named me one player that they felt we should of snatched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back