Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like we've been played by a few players in this transfer window so they could wrangle new deals or moves elsewhere. I'm still hoping that the Kone deal goes through and that we pick up another striker (not valencia), I can't believe we didn't go in for Bony!

There has been a lot of behind the scenes chat about a mystery "marquee" signing without anyone giving names that would be announced very late in the window. Whether it happens and who it is I don't know

Is that chat from today or earlier in the window? While I am probably resigned to our fate, any late movement here would simply have to be a CF or creative CM, two glaring areas not addressed in this window.

Depressing this.... (what you ask? THE WHOLE FLIPPING THING)

Truly I never thought the delusions of grandeur would come about, but I had higher hopes than this.

Have to say, those who said nothing has changed are being proven correct.

It's not net spend that gets me bothered. BUT if we have wasted the opportunity gained by selling Stones to increase the wage bill then that is a shame. With the sale of Stones and the TV money there should be at least 40-50M to buy some players. I refuse to believe that we could not have found a couple of quality 20-25M players who would have come. All efforts should have gone to signing Kone, Gabbiadini or even Sissokio weeks ago.

We screwed around dithering with Napoli over 5M. Should have offered them 27M and been done with it. Would rather paid 2M extra and had Gabbiadini than screwing around with it and getting Valencia....
You mean act like a club with money not one that gives Gibson a new deal.

In all fairness to theEsk, he has actually been the most accurate person on forums, twitter, or the news so far this window. Tied for first actually. Tied for absolutely nobody has gotten anything right involving Everton so far in the 1,762,324 stories on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back