Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a few on here this afternoon and several on social media.

It gets boring. We've made our third ever biggest signing today, and all some fans can do is compare us to Stoke...

In fairness, right at the moment that team Stoke have built is basically fighting for the positions we want to be fighting for, it's a pretty direct comparison. Personally I think it looks slightly fragile in terms of personalities, but very skilful on its day.

Window's closed, so, on appeal @chicoazul has been released into the community on a swap deal with @Boss_Blue .

Behave Chico. You're a grown man, please try to remember that.

Right it's over. I've swerved this thread at the request of the mods but I want to come in and remind every single one of you that you're pissy pant virgins who need to get out there and find another pastime other than football.

Great first up post back my man...

It gets boring. We've made our third ever biggest signing today, and all some fans can do is compare us to Stoke...

You seem outraged, tearing into the clubs fans, there are whoppers for fans of ALL clubs, the internet might be a place to steer clear of if you're going to be so offended by a tiny minority of fans talking crap, which people jealous of Stoke signing a player in a position where we really don't need to obviously are.

You realize we have 3 senior cbs and until recently it's just been him and Funes Mori? Not really possible to drop him but as you've seen he has been pushed out wide by jags return and dropped/rested yesterday. Again you've made stuff up and deliberately limited options to suit your opinion.

Made stuff up? Pushed out wide to accomodate jags? Coleman was fit.... So why wasn't he dropped? If you can't see that his defensive weaknesses are not improving and you can't see how Martinez defends him blindly then your watching the wrong sport IMO... Jags is good in the air so is mori..... Stones has played with both and we conceded of crosses and corners more than we did when Walter smith was here... If the other two cb are good in the air.... Why would you not play them if your so weak at corners and crosses? I love watching stones strolling out of defence... But I hate the fact that his over confidence or over playing is costing us ... Like Barkley.... His decision making needs to improve ...AND ITS NOT! But when Barkley gets it wrong the result is a missed chance... Stones does it? It's a goal? So it needs to be addressed we are scoring goals while Barkley is learning so we can afford him a bit of time... We cannot afford to let stones decisions to cost us goals that cost us games..... Just so he can "learn" and improve just so he can FCUK off to Chelsea or man city in the summer. What's the point in that? The fact that he has been playing every game no matter what... Suggest to me that he is being told to play like that... And the fact he's not improving tells me that he is unable to learn ( which I think is false) or , that Martinez can't catch him to be better... Martinez is the problem here... Which takes me back to my original statement of " I agree with Merson" he had exactly the same problem at Wigan... Remember having Titus bramble and Caldwell at the back? And they are trying to play like barca and pass the ball around their own area... It cost them their place in the prem.... Then he left them... He has no idea how to set up a good defence ... His goals conceded ratio is shocking at both clubs .... And that would suggest he cannot improve defenders "defending"

In fairness, right at the moment that team Stoke have built is basically fighting for the positions we want to be fighting for, it's a pretty direct comparison. Personally I think it looks slightly fragile in terms of personalities, but very skilful on its day.

They're four points ahead of us mate, we're fighting for the same positions.

No doubt they have improved loads, and they've got some very talented players. Imbula is a talent, but not a world-beater or even close yet. The prem will probably suit him better than Portugal, though.

Exactly, who's bothered who Stoke have signed. Why are they arsed? Let's all talk excitedly about the new expensive fella we know nothing about. I honestly have no idea what to expect because I've never seen him play, but the amount we spent on him should give us some confidence that he knows what is going on. Should be great,.

All in all a very disappointing window showing that we have no desire to rescue his league campaign at all (unless there's some last minute deals going through under the wire and I'll take it all back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back