Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: why is Kenwright allowed to handle the transfers when he has such a pisspoor record with them AND does not have any experience in anything other than (relatively speaking) low to mid ranged priced transfers?

For me it is all about strikers.
We have Lukaku and leaving aside the different opinions about him we need more firepower and we need something different.
Lukaku is power and strength. He is a good finisher, but not brilliant.
On Saturday , I think he is the kind of striker the Stoke defence likes. It was a battle of attrition, of strength and it ended in stalemate.
We needed a different option and we didn't have it.
Kone was put on to give us a foothold in the game again and he did so , very effectively, but , again it is about strength and power, rather than speed, finesse and clinical finishing.

And what we are seeing here is the reason why leaving it late was a stupid naive tactic that will bite us. We are being held to ransom by players and clubs.

..I'm not so sure the club have purposely left it late. All the indications are that we've been busy running up cul-de-sacs. I wonder if one or two of those open up in the next day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back