Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate i agree but even if we get a few more players in they'll moan about something else

Not really, they have valid reasons, unless they want draxler etc.

We need a few signings today and we can get top 6

Valencia on loan and under 21 lad will not cut the mustard with fans..

This has been a window based solely upon a barrel load of assumptions:

1: The apparent size of the war chest that Mr Moshiri was bringing to the club.
2: That all the top players targeted would jump at the chance of joining our great club.
3: A team that finished 11th and no CL footy could still attract a top player if enough money was thrown at them.
4: Everything the ITKs said was gospel.
5: After years of disappointments, broken hopes and promises, we finally have a new owner, a sound manager, a DOF and a really good chance of a new stadium, so it goes without saying we should get a nice shiny new team of CL champs this summer.

The reality is, we are still playing catch-up. We are not there yet.

The assumptions I have listed above are not all bad or ludicrous, and not that unrealistic for a club that pertains to have ambition. The disappointment for me is the lack of one single signing that says "The giant is waking", (yes, there is still time, like a few hours I suppose for some as yet unseen signing to surface). So far though, the message seems to be, "We tried to go for the big guns, but failed, and so we will soldier on with what we have, and patch over a few holes here and there with whoever we can get."

Time will tell if that was a good strategy, but all we can do is hope the real ITKs actually KNOW what they are doing.
I still believe we have a great team, and that it is stronger than last season, (at least proving to be so far). So, I refuse to let this window spoil my hopes for the future.

Nevertheless, I can't help but feel this window is like one of those games were we come out in the first half with all guns blazing - near misses, offsides, missed penalties and great saves, and that we are now in the last few minutes of the second half, looking fatigued and uncreative .... can we score before the referee blows his whistle? Should I just start leaving early so I can beat the traffic? This is what it feels like.

From Mata to energy Valencia mate, that's an almighty jump down, what statement is the owner intent on making, and how much of the sttc are we going to be using from the stonescsale that was going to fund this new closing the gap on spurs etc?

Do you now doubt your sources at the club?
The fact is we only started spending when Stones was sold, that told you all we needed to know.

Didn't expect much but did expect more than this. A West Ham reject on loan. At least we know where we're at now and can forget all this rich Everton nonsense.

I wager the players we bring in next summer will be financed from selling Lukaku. And on and on it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back