Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least we're not paying Niasse 50k a week or heavily subsidising McGeady's wages or paying Cleverley, Lennon, Kone, Oviedo and Gibson all around 40k a week to not play for us. Ace being rich.
Incredible that we have Niasse at 50 grand a week still on the books because nobody wanted him.

If we sold him as soon as the window opened he will still cost the club a million pounds, and he isn't even in the squad ffs.

Amazing how nobody wanted him, not even hull!

Need to start working on Jan window now and make sure Bill and Suntan Bob are nowhere near.

I'm not to downbeat other than we could have had Bony instead of Valencia. The other signings have all been good ones. Dodged a bullet with Sissoko, smacked of desperation to me that one.

could we? how do you know bony didnt want guaranteed 1st team football, that we couldnt offer?

getting a back up striker was always gonna be a big problem joining a team that finished 11th with no european football to be a back-up, difficult one to sell

Forum footage for this thread at 11pm last night.

InKH3T.gif

I hope the heads keep exploding on here until the weekend. It'll give the mods a chance to pick off the would be dangers to women, who haven't left their bedrooms for six weeks and purge the forum of the FIFA obsessed mummy's boys who are currently polluting the forum.

Incredible that we have Niasse at 50 grand a week still on the books because nobody wanted him.

If we sold him as soon as the window opened he will still cost the club a million pounds, and he isn't even in the squad ffs.

Amazing how nobody wanted him, not even hull!

...which somehow, hopefully, gives a fine example in the difference in management ability & acumen between the then and now.

Astonishing that he's still here.

So did moyes mate.

Sound...

So we've got a manager who has proved he is better than what we've had - urgo improvement?

I've said it so many times mate but IF THIS SQUAD WAS A MID-TABLE SQUAD - Martinez wouldn't have got sacked would he?

It's a top 8 squad. The deals we should have done this summer should have made us into a top 6 squad.

Ultimately that hasn't happened and we (the club) need to a) assess why, b) sort it and c) get any targets in in January - no excuses.

In the meantime, it's been our best start to a season in over a decade, the team looks sharper, fitter and more organised and the signings we have made have ALL improved the areas of the squad that they fill a role in.

We still have gaps and the fact that they (GK, AM/CM) haven't been addressed is poor, and I'm not shying away from that fact.

Anybody writing the season off due to a poor end to the window needs to give their head a wobble though.

...which somehow, hopefully, gives a fine example in the difference in management ability & acumen between the then and now.

Astonishing that he's still here.

I genuinely think we'll have done all we can - short of sacking him, which we can't really do - to get rid.

Nobody will want him.

Best we can hope for is an emergency loan to a lower league club.

Well at least we're not paying Niasse 50k a week or heavily subsidising McGeady's wages or paying Cleverley, Lennon, Kone, Oviedo and Gibson all around 40k a week to not play for us. Ace being rich.

Lennon and Oviedo are squad options - as are Cleverely and Gibson.

You can't sign a £30mil player when you've finished 11th for two seasons to be a squad option...

I think his point is we haven't even spent a fraction of that. We haven't used any of the TV money. We spent more money when we bought Lukaku under BK despite the TV money going significantly up. We must be due to make a significant profit this year even after we improve Lukaku's contract.

If you're happy spending less money than we did under BK fair play.

All true, but I wasn't talking about that and never mentioned being happy or unhappy with it. I've other comments on that. More talking about what the expectations actually are from people making such comments. Because from many of the comments it seems the spending was not acceptable UNLESS it eclipses the Stones and TV money. Which would be a big ask, no? And perhaps not even necessary. Somebody else could maybe point out what the TV money is and advise a total of that and the Stones money.

Should hope somebody is willing to take Niasse on loan to pay at least something towards his wages, even like 30%. What a complete and utter leech he is. Literally everybody knew before we even signed him he'd be a disaster. I guess sometimes fans really do know better.

A depressing deadline day no doubt we need to take a look at the way in which we conduct our business in the future. If you tell the media the morning of deadline day that you are desperate to get 4 new signings in before 11pm then you are leaving yourself wide open to be exploited by agents and selling clubs. This was shown as we were strung along to the max by Sissoko and his representatives as well as Newcastle United who have managed to bag 30mil for a player has been pretty [Poor language removed] for the majority of games he has played for them. They get 30mil, the player and his agent a bumper pay day and we get to look like a laughing stock.

Hopefully we have now learned that it pays to get your business done early even if you have to pay slightly over the odds. The board should have funds available in January so we need to see an improvement on how we have gone about business. In fairness to the board they are prepared to part with their cash and pay todays inflated prices for players so things could be worse. Better to be able to compete in the market rather than scraping around looking for a loan signing here and there cos we were skint as we had become the norm only a season or two ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back