Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
First step in the transfer window - sack Brands

Second step in the transfer window - sack DBB and hire a proper CEO

Third step in the transfer window - hand £150M to Ancelotti

I've said for some time I'd go andapproach Brian Gilvary (Everton at BP) and Terry Leahy and offer them what they want to get them to come in as Chairman and CEO.

After that I'd also consider David Gill to come and run the football side. If the club wants to be a big club again, it needs to start thinking big.

What duff decisions at corporate has she made?
It's her attitude to what she feels Everton is:

“Everton is not a corporation, we are a club”.

Now that's fine, as long as you do the business deals. But look at how stunted the club is on the commercial side. Not all her fault, of course. Her predecessors are also to blame. But we need a skilled person form the world of business.

ANCELOTTI: WE'RE WORKING ON IMPROVING SQUAD

The quick turnaround doesn't offer Carlo Ancelotti much time to improve his options at Everton, but he will sit down with director of football Marcel Brands in the coming days to draw up what could prove the most important summer of business in the club's illustrious history.

"We are working on this," Ancelotti said. "We know and everyone knows the squad has to be improved. We have time to think about this and we have improve it before new season starts.

"We know the market is open until October 5 but I don't know if it's possible to have the squad ready when we start in the middle of August. It will be the best scenario possible."

Now that's fine, as long as you do the business deals. But look at how stunted the club is on the commercial side. Not all her fault, of course. Her predecessors are also to blame. But we need a skilled person form the world of business.

Well it's partly her fault. Thats her job as CEO and she's been in it for 2 years, and in turth we haven't turned it round under her.

I've said for some time I'd go andapproach Brian Gilvary (Everton at BP) and Terry Leahy and offer them what they want to get them to come in as Chairman and CEO.

After that I'd also consider David Gill to come and run the football side. If the club wants to be a big club again, it needs to start thinking big.
Exactly. We need a killer. DBB has her qualities, but I'm not sure she's up to the job.

We do yes, but she’s done alright so far, she was quick to end the Sportpesa deal. If I could change one thing, maybe she could have found a way to get out of the Fanatics deal as that hasn’t really been a success even when Elstone signed it when under Kitbag

Exactly. We need a killer. DBB has her qualities, but I'm not sure she's up to the job.

This probably won't go down well, but Im happy for her to stay on the board, local woman, relatively successful, good speaker, but as the EITC rep. Lets start getting some serious people in at the top end of the club.

What would Gilvary/Leahy make of this? Brands would have a year to ship up or shape out, and failing that, go and get a David Gill. People would sit up and take notice of that far more than any single signing we could make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back