Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus that's also a highlights clip. None of us watch Watford games so he could still have been gassed after 60 minutes.

Yep,

Dont get me wrong Gerry has something we've lacked with that little bit of flair, quick step, the whip he CAN do. Is he going to be real quality for us if we did bring him back? I doubt it. Useful squad player, and would have him over theo all day long.

He is talented but will never be over the physical side of things, and he's just had a really bad injury hasn't he? May lose a bit of quality with that.

Yeah but he's firmly adjusted now. Constantly involved in all Watford did well until his injury, then they fell off a cliff without him. No more stamina issues really, has filled out a bit.

I just think he's a really effective winger now and will be a steal for any club that gambles on him.

I still think he lacks the levels of strength and stamina needed for this league.
Having said that he is still far better than any of the wingers we have splashed stupid money on since he departed.

Any truth in the rumour that Marcel Brands has already taken himself (deliberately) off to Spain?
Probably thinks this is the winter window due to it starting so late...

I echo the Championship shouts. We have not had success bar 1 or 2 from "established" players at all. Get players like Benrahma.

And it's madness some of you lot are saying "we need one CM, one {whatever else}" We need a minimum of 2 CMs in this window. MINIMUM. One CM and if he gets injured we are back to Davies and Gomes/Sigurdsson. Off your rockers if you think one is acceptable..

Probably thinks this is the winter window due to it starting so late...

I echo the Championship shouts. We have not had success bar 1 or 2 from "established" players at all. Get players like Benrahma.

And it's madness some of you lot are saying "we need one CM, one {whatever else}" We need a minimum of 2 CMs in this window. MINIMUM. One CM and if he gets injured we are back to Davies and Gomes/Sigurdsson. Off your rockers if you think one is acceptable..

Agree with this. It doesn't have to be two £30m CM's, just one quality, and one with potential who would benefit from game time here or there, and then if the main CM gets injured or suspended, he can step in and get extra time while still having something about him. Or even if its someone who has a bit of versatility and can cover CM, FB, wide mid whatever.

I do think we will get Allan and then maybe someone who can play wide right and cover the middle. I dont believe for a second Carlo wants to go into another season with Tom Davies playing every minute.

Without coming off as condescending (though i may well do lol ) how long have you been in Asia working with Asians?

Or how many times have you been to any Asian football matches?

It really is a total myth that Asians are more hard working than westerners.

If you want to PM me about this then im happy to exchange some views with you :o

As for football...watching Japanese matches is about as exciting as a game of baseball...or german football in the late 90s.

in 3 words...slow and boring.

Honda wasn’t blessed with an industrious work ethic was he?

Precisely. Nakati as well was one lazy toad but a smashing playmaker and classed as an IDOL in japan on the same or higher level as a popstar.

Anyone seen much of this Ramsdale fella from Bournemouth? Seems quite highly rated. Worth a punt?

I like him though i think hes been up/down this season based on the media.

If Deulofeu is £15m and we spend much bigger on a CB, and 2 X CM or AM players, I think its definitely worth it. Upgrade on Walcott don't you think? Can play central if we have injuries.

If Deulofeu is £15m and we spend much bigger on a CB, and 2 X CM or AM players, I think its definitely worth it. Upgrade on Walcott don't you think? Can play central if we have injuries.
Yeahhh....don't agree with that. Could play as a 10 if Carlo changes everything up but I can't see him as even remotely close to a competent CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back