Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mixed approach is needed in my view. Stats are important but I just don’t think it’s fair to compare Iwobi and Zaha as players.

For instance Vardy and Ings both scored similar goals this season but are very different footballers.

Zaha has shown that he creates, scores, wins fouls and is an absolute menace at times.

He’s one of those players that you need to have defenders on at all times.

The argument can easily be made that it was a one off, but I’d pay £40m for 18/19 Zaha all day.
If we went on stats alone some people would actually think DCL is a good player, crazy thing those stats.

Not that i think there’s any truth in the paper talk. We tend to get linked with players just to smoke out other interested parties but let’s say we are keen and Ancelotti wants him. Given the turd we’ve had to watch this season are we really turning our nose up at Zaha?

I couldn’t believe we signed Iwobi at that price.

If you offer me a £40m Wilfried Zaha over a £15m Iwobi, I take it. Every single day.

Iwobi is another case of young “British” talent going for super inflated prices. Came through Arsenal’s academy and better players made him come good.
Another frustrating signing. We want to be better than Arsenal, yet splurge ridiculous money on a player they don’t want cause he’s not good enough. Logical.

I know he’s Nigerian but he’s lived here since he was 4, and represented a England at youth.

But in isolation would you be happy knowing we’d spent most of our budget, if not all, this summer on Zaha? That’s the only important question.

I said in another post that it could’ve been a one off season, who knows? That’s football and if he had done it 4 or 5 times he definitely wouldn’t be in our reach.

Maybe it’s more that I don’t have much faith that we’ll recruit well given the last 5 years.

I’m sure there’s plenty of better buys out there but what I’m saying is that his qualities would be ideal for us, and I’d be happy to see him in our side.

we could to the Sunday league and find a speed demon who runs down blind alleys.

Watch him, look away from the flick tricks and all the gash that attracts peoples eyes, and look at the poor decisions he makes, the underweighted passes and everything else that highlights why he lost his one and only shot at Utd.

But seriously I don't want Zaha it would be another over priced player from a EPL team (now around us). I'd rather look abroad or the championship and develop someone with hunger who wants to succeed with us.

But in isolation would you be happy knowing we’d spent most of our budget, if not all, this summer on Zaha? That’s the only important question.

If our budget is only £40m, I wouldn’t want to spend that on Zaha. Knowing we’ve got such issues in the central midfield area, I’d focus solely on fixing that issue.

I couldn’t believe we signed Iwobi at that price.

If you offer me a £40m Wilfried Zaha over a £15m Iwobi, I take it. Every single day.

Iwobi is another case of young “British” talent going for super inflated prices. Came through Arsenal’s academy and better players made him come good.
Another frustrating signing. We want to be better than Arsenal, yet splurge ridiculous money on a player they don’t want cause he’s not good enough. Logical.

I know he’s Nigerian but he’s lived here since he was 4, and represented a England at youth.

As is Zaha

I just went and looked at the EdgyReptile's posts from last summer about Zaha and let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed.

If we went on stats alone some people would actually think DCL is a good player, crazy thing those stats.

Has a lot of potential does DCL.

we could to the Sunday league and find a speed demon who runs down blind alleys.

Watch him, look away from the flick tricks and all the gash that attracts peoples eyes, and look at the poor decisions he makes, the underweighted passes and everything else that highlights why he lost his one and only shot at Utd.
And yet you want £40m lashing on Zaha. o_O

I hope that when it gets to the end of the window we’ve spent so well that Zaha in hindsight looks terrible value at £40m :D

We’ll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back