Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed, type of players I’d be happy for us to go in for alongside a more established player.

See how he goes, if it doesn’t work he’ll be easy to shift
Players like him would come with the right attitude, too, eager to prove himself in a top league. Wouldn't be content to put in minimal effort for a phat wage.

Why are people obsessed with James? Lost his pace back in 2014 after he blew out his knees, we don’t run a 10, to slow for the wing or RM. if we were in 2014 I would be all in but I can’t back him. For where we are now, the big Frenchman would fit more of our system

Was talking more player prestige than suitability.

Why are people obsessed with James? Lost his pace back in 2014 after he blew out his knees, we don’t run a 10, to slow for the wing or RM. if we were in 2014 I would be all in but I can’t back him. For where we are now, the big Frenchman would fit more of our system

James Rodriguez would be another, fat wage, no interest in giving 100% signing, like so many others recently.
We need a team. 11 players willing to play for each other. The sum always has to be better than the parts.
Burnley have shown that a team will beat a side of individuals. A talented team is the ultimate goal, with emphasis on TEAM.

I don't think that he's as wedded to setting up with two banks of four as some have claimed, but he did leave it a long time before switching to the system that most of his players were bought for.

I wasn't meaning to dismiss the links, either. I just found it curious that they're mostly wide forwards and attacking midfielders who would be exposed outside of a packed midfield.

think CA came in and saw the train wreck that was the defence and figured 442 would be the best way to sharpen up.
Interesting to see how we line up next season.

think CA came in and saw the train wreck that was the defence and figured 442 would be the best way to sharpen up.
Interesting to see how we line up next season.
Initially, he seemed content to let them carry on with Ferguson's tactics of conceding midfield and going direct to the forwards, but then he's had them playing out from the back since pulling away from the relegation fight.

I don't really have any faith in the recruitment process here, so I've no idea what to expect.

QPR said to be looking for £20m for Eze come on Brands get your finger out get him and Stengs or Ihattaren and that's both wings sorted for the next 5yrs.
Hope Brands doesn’t pay 40m for Zaha so Palace can turn around and spend half their windfall on this kid. Can see it though, Zaha would probably pull his uvula in week 4, be out 3 months and Eze would score double digits.

(figured since Zaha was the theme of the day I should work him into the conversation - never seen Eze kick a ball he could be brilliant or rubbish for all I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back