Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you make of him?
Branthwaite or Gibson.?

Branthwaite I know very little about. He's literally come out of nowhere. Never played at International level in the young age groups. All I've seen are the few games he played for the first team towards the end of the restart, and the youtube video of that cracking solo goal he scored for Carlisle. The little I've seen he looks the part.

Lewis Gibson has been around the youth International scene for a while. I like him a lot but is probably a year behind where he should be due to injuries over the last 2 years. I'm not surprised he had a good loan spell at Fleetwood, and had he not been n loan we could very easily be talking about him being back up CB for next season rather than Branthwaite.

Branthwaite is a few inches taller so you would imagine would be more effective airily, and in fairness he looked pretty solid in that regard when he played for the first team. Gibson, whilst shorter, is a solid lad and won't be pushed around, and from what I've seen looks a good organiser and leader. He's no nonsense but is also very comfortable on the ball, as too is Branthwaite from the little I've seen. Gibson can also cover left back.

If I had to choose one it would be Gibson, but that's probably just because I haven't seen enough of the other lad, But I think Branthwaite has probably stolen a march on him because he took his opportunity when it came.

In the event we were to sell Keane to Barca, which I really doubt will happen, then it would be a risk to have the two as third and fourth choice. But, as I said in my previous post, clubs like Ajax and RBL have both been very successful at a decent level employing youngsters in that position so it's a gamble that may work out.

Branthwaite or Gibson.?

Branthwaite I know very little about. He's literally come out of nowhere. Never played at International level in the young age groups. All I've seen are the few games he played for the first team towards the end of the restart, and the youtube video of that cracking solo goal he scored for Carlisle. The little I've seen he looks the part.

Lewis Gibson has been around the youth International scene for a while. I like him a lot but is probably a year behind where he should be due to injuries over the last 2 years. I'm not surprised he had a good loan spell at Fleetwood, and had he not been n loan we could very easily be talking about him being back up CB for next season rather than Branthwaite.

Branthwaite is a few inches taller so you would imagine would be more effective airily, and in fairness he looked pretty solid in that regard when he played for the first team. Gibson, whilst shorter, is a solid lad and won't be pushed around, and from what I've seen looks a good organiser and leader. He's no nonsense but is also very comfortable on the ball, as too is Branthwaite from the little I've seen. Gibson can also cover left back.

If I had to choose one it would be Gibson, but that's probably just because I haven't seen enough of the other lad, But I think Branthwaite has probably stolen a march on him because he took his opportunity when it came.

In the event we were to sell Keane to Barca, which I really doubt will happen, then it would be a risk to have the two as third and fourth choice. But, as I said in my previous post, clubs like Ajax and RBL have both been very successful at a decent level employing youngsters in that position so it's a gamble that may work out.

I had meant Gibson but great to read your thoughts on both ;)

I am hopeful that a decision is made on Gibson, Branthwaite, Keane asap. Whether its sales or loans for one or two of them.

It would be great to have Branthwaite and Gibson able to be 3rd and 4th choice so we could move keane on and bank his fee and wages while he still has 2 years left.

Would be madness to extend his contract and hard to get a good fee in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back