Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This article says PSG want Thomas Partey to replace Gana Gueye. Would anyone else gladly sack Doucoure off to bring a blue home? I know I would.
Loved Gueye when he was here but we need a player that can power forward with the ball to try and open the opponent’s defence ,is Doucoure that player only time will tell but Gueye is more like Allen

Thats all true. I have bet on niche markets before (constiteuncy betting at a general election), nothing major 2-300 quid per one. It didn't collapse the odds in that way.
But again the dynamics are significantly different. Even though you can have pretty much solid Labour seats etc., the process and dynamics are far more open.

How many people know the results before the full results? This is done under a set time line and through stringent checks and legislation to stop early disclosure.

Up until the vote numbers are announced, it's pretty much guess work for most. However, the transfer market has far more capacity for misuse so to speak.

There will be a fair few people involved in the process who know, perhaps days or weeks before hand, that the transfer will be going ahead to a point of certainty.

All you need is two or three people who are betting, with total certainty, and they could lose out. These could be spread across a few days or even longer.

If money is put on that flags up a concern, they act quick. There has been criminal investigations involving this within the not so distant past.

My god - an actual rumour! Well done sir
I wouldn’t go as far as a rumour, I bet a club our size knows every young player in the country. He only signed a year ago (I think when I googled him before!) so it was probably a scout at a under 23 match asking who he was. If he was any good I’m sure he would have played for Cardiff as they were awful at times last year. I think Man City got one of Cardiff’s academy players last year so that may explain there interest.

I wouldn’t go as far as a rumour, I bet a club our size knows every young player in the country. He only signed a year ago (I think when I googled him before!) so it was probably a scout at a under 23 match asking who he was. If he was any good I’m sure he would have played for Cardiff as they were awful at times last year. I think Man City got one of Cardiff’s academy players last year so that may explain there interest.

No Hamez
Allan and Donkeree
Left-footed right-winger
No RB currently
Back up LB

Not quite a 'no', more of a 'if it can be afforded'. Philly K says Yampeth and Magnifico want to be reunited so I guess all we plebeians can do is hope there is an willingness to compromise on the financials.

I suspect we are playing clubs off against each other and won’t be signing all those we are being linked to. It is a bit concerning that all these names are in their late twenties which could leave us needing a big rebuild in a couple of years. I suspect Ancelotti has put his foot down.

In terms of rebuild, I mentioned this the other day, signing players for now gives you something to rebuild on. These players are still in their 20s, 2-3 years while the the likes of Gordon gain experience, and continue to add youth in the following windows. If you start afresh with 4 20yr old players, you lose the experience that these players give. Foden would struggle being the main man at City, but coming in and playing with Silva, Silva and DeBruyne is the perfect environment for him to learn.

My only issue is if we get these 3 in, they are your 1st choice. Behind them, the drop off is phenomenal. And I still think we need some pace and width, as well RB.

Makes me wonder if we have some enquiries about outgoings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back