Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST: Belotti: £50 million
CM: Allan: £20 million
LW: Everton Soares: £25 million
CB: Gabriel: £30 million
RB: Arias - Loan with option to buy

Pickford

Arias Holgate Gabriel Digne

Richarlison Allan Gomes Everton

Belotti Calvert Lewin

Make it happen ffs!
I cant see us going for a LW, so I doubt we will be in for Everton Soares. And can only see a striker and Richarlison moving to the Right as a last resort, if we can’t the get the RW we need.

More I think about it the more I would rather Richarlison out wide again next season - we have no goal threat from midfield therefore providing we sign a top notch CF to slot in up top it would make sense having Richarlison out wide contributing 12-15 goals a season.

Add another goalscoring wide player like Everton Soares on the opposite flank and suddenly we have 3-4 players on the pitch all a threat at goal.

ST: Belotti: £50 million
CM: Allan: £20 million
LW: Everton Soares: £25 million
CB: Gabriel: £30 million
RB: Arias - Loan with option to buy

Pickford

Arias Holgate Gabriel Digne

Richarlison Allan Gomes Everton

Belotti Calvert Lewin

Make it happen ffs!
No James Rodriguez then?

I cant see us going for a LW, so I doubt we will be in for Everton Soares. And can only see a striker and Richarlison moving to the Right as a last resort, if we can’t the get the RW we need.

Hmm I dont think Ancelotti rates either Bernard or Iwobi myself personally. If the money is there I think upgrades in both wide positions will be brought in mate.

Although as I added to my earlier post for me Richarlison is more useful out wide - very few genuine top quality wide players who can score goals these days especially at clubs without CL football.

Richarlisons goal against Palace for me was a powerful midfield/wide player marauding on the counter - he's more Neymar than Jesus/Firmino for me I think he's just been shoved up top because our forward options are so crap and he's the only one who can score.

If Belotti interest is genuine be interesting to see who's place up top he takes.

Have we been linked with Arias??

I keep seeing his name mentioned but I’m not sure where it’s come from. Is it just cause of Mina and the links to Rodriguez??

Hmm I dont think Ancelotti rates either Bernard or Iwobi myself personally. If the money is there I think upgrades in both wide positions will be brought in mate.

Although as I added to my earlier post for me Richarlison is more useful out wide - very few genuine top quality wide players who can score goals these days especially at clubs without CL football.

Richarlisons goal against Palace for me was a powerful midfield/wide player marauding on the counter - he's more Neymar than Jesus/Firmino for me I think he's just been shoved up top because our forward options are so crap and he's the only one who can score.

If Belotti interest is genuine be interesting to see who's place up top he takes.
At the moment I disagree about Richarlison, while he’s improving, I think he still at times makes the wrong decisions from a deeper wide position and loses to the ball to much. I think for another season or 2 he should stay upfront, he comes alive around the box imo. When his all round game improves, maybe he will go back to the flanks then.

I agree about iwobi and Bernard, but maybe they will get next season to try and convince Ancelotti.

Long term I don’t see us playing with 2 out and out wide players, I can see 2 real powerful players in the middle( not sure where this will leave Gomes long term) and a more natural midfielder playing wide, like he did at Napoli at times with Ruiz & zielinski. Someone who comfortable going forward and back and tucking inside to help the 2 midfielders.

And then having a very attack minded wide forward in the other side.

Hes not someone like Richarlison, Holgate or Digne where you can see they want to win games.

No he's essentially a nice lad. I don't think he's a mickey taker either though and trains well. I'm quite happy to move him on if the offer comes in, and we shouldn't have bought him to begin with, but I don't worry about his attitude massively.

That lack of desire has probably been the thing that will have stopped him getting 100 England caps really. He has wonderful ability, but probably lacks the nastiness and ruthlessness to get to the very top.

I really hope were looking at Paqueta...he could play from wide and bring the skill and assists we lack.

I really hope were looking at Paqueta...he could play from wide and bring the skill and assists we lack.

LOLj.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back