Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on what happens it going to be fascinating. You can look at what will happen n the market in two ways.

As an optimists of a pessimist.

Say if the league doesn't finish then every club is going to be loosing a % of money. Losses will be rife, FFP will be relaxed given the context.

Then you have a very interesting market. How to approach it optimistically or pessimistically. Say you are Burnley, you stand to loose 50-60 mill. Say you have an up and coming prospect like Dwight Neill and you need to raise money, could be decent deals like that done. It could be a buyers market if you can speculate. Some good opportunities. Watford and Sarr could be similar.

Or you can look at it pessimistically, you've just taken a hit financially and you just ignore the market and try and keep what you have and wait out the market recession.

Thats just domestically.

In Europe for example, if 50% of leagues finish and 50% dont, then 50% have close to normal revenue while 50% though, thus creating a huge gap in the market of those looking to sell/hold - but needing revenue and others less so.

Going to be fascinating to see how this all pans out.

It could work the same as well, what if the CL isnt finished, will clubs still involved still be payed, will clubs who have been knocked out get less money as the pot will be smaller.

You would have to think that clubs that wellcome through this the best are the ones, who can with stand a massive financial shock and not relying on TV and other prize or gate money, the likes Utd are nicely placed.

Good analysis mate. However I'd just add, clubs who have big sponsorship deals are going to be really hit, United are pretty prime for that.

Fun fact: We conceded the same number of goals the entirety of last year as we have this year so far.

Yeah Gueye is gone, but hard to say he's the sole reason we are probably 15 goals worse off this season at the back.

To go a bit further we conceded 38 in his 29 starts. Conveniently that's the same number of games we've played all year this year and we've conceded 46.

I don't think Zouma is the best defender ever but I also wouldn't have expected us to be worse with him in the team. And he was in great form at the end of last year where our stout backline powered us to a really strong last ten games so maybe we do better. He's not "underpants" as you said originally just because he didn't want to force his way back here.

IMO Holgate has done really well and certainly will be someone who gets a shot at being here long term when football comes back, but he is far far from the point where we build a backline around him.

Michael Keane was also in great form last season, doesn't mean we’d be better with him in the side instead of Holgate this season does it? Me thinking Zouma is crap has absolutely nothing to do with him not forcing his was back here, I never wanted him back here, I made it clear I didn’t rate him last season.

Good analysis mate. However I'd just add, clubs who have big sponsorship deals are going to be really hit, United are pretty prime for that.

I was thinking that mate, but I don’t all commercial deals are not necessarily that water tight or specific, commercial deals are so far reaching for example.

Id still say we and Utd would be paid for say trading ground naMing for one example, different things like official partners, sponsoring trading gear. Perhaps contracts state a “season” as opposed to specific legth or number of games.

I’m sure some wouldn’t get over the line, but I’m sure some would do. I’d say all clubS lawyers are doing overtime at mo.

It might be a case of who looses the least might be the most well off, if you get my drift.

Inappropriate Language
[Poor language removed] it why not:

One Hollywood attacker signing to drive interest (Bale, James, etc)
Reasonably priced experienced left footed CB who can distribute (John Brooks, Simon Deli) - groom Gibson to take their place in 2-3 years
Experienced CM who can pass (Allan or Ramsey)

Michael Keane was also in great form last season, doesn't mean we’d be better with him in the side instead of Holgate this season does it? Me thinking Zouma is crap has absolutely nothing to do with him not forcing his was back here, I never wanted him back here, I made it clear I didn’t rate him last season.
Ok fair enough.

But calling Holgate great and Zouma pants is some kind of weird logic that I personally can't follow.

I think people overlook how average Zouma was last season. Keane carries him.

Completely disagree, I’d say it was the exact opposite and Zouma was the easily our best centre half.

I think the big demand for him to be signed and the frivolous ‘free Zouma’ campaign by our fans as well as Brands efforts to get him just reiterate how high he was though of on the back of an excellent season.

Also the fact that Chelsea were not entertaining our big bids in anyway show how highly they rate him.

Completely disagree, I’d say it was the exact opposite and Zouma was the easily our best centre half.

I think the big demand for him to be signed and the frivolous ‘free Zouma’ campaign by our fans as well as Brands efforts to get him just reiterate how high he was though of on the back of an excellent season.

Also the fact that Chelsea were not entertaining our big bids in anyway show how highly they rate him.

Some fans wanted him back, lots didn’t. Some Chelsea fans like him, others think he’s a liability. Is there any proof Brands tried to sign him permanently?

I was thinking that mate, but I don’t all commercial deals are not necessarily that water tight or specific, commercial deals are so far reaching for example.

Id still say we and Utd would be paid for say trading ground naMing for one example, different things like official partners, sponsoring trading gear. Perhaps contracts state a “season” as opposed to specific legth or number of games.

I’m sure some wouldn’t get over the line, but I’m sure some would do. I’d say all clubS lawyers are doing overtime at mo.

It might be a case of who looses the least might be the most well off, if you get my drift.

I would say 90% of companies that sponsor PL teams are as of this moment discussing the viability going forward, even if its informal. Some will undoubtedly be exploring break clauses.

Going forward when deals run out, new ones just wont be renewed and there will be a lot less out there willing to stump up.

That's not to count the companies going out of business.

I mean if you are Nike or whoever now, and have had several weeks of no trade, you know you're in real trouble. You're in crisis mode to save jobs. Suddenly 40 million to clubs for kits you cant actually sell is an easy win.

We will be hit too, but our revenues are much less. It's a really really bad summer to be trying to find a sponsor. However if it could be sustained, and we cant find one I'd love it if we did a year as a tribute to the NHS. Magnificent stuff in terms of brand building.

In a more general sense, and I dont know how to put it in a politically correct way, but Usmanov is probably going to be far more loyal as a sponsor than most private companies, so that will likely withhold pressure.

I think people overlook how average Zouma was last season. Keane carries him.
Felt they fit well with each other myself. Yes Keane did some things that really helped Zouma but Keane has shown pretty clearly that he can't do it if someone as adept at covering in behind as Zouma isn't around.

Plus they both had Gana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back