Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does FFP work with loans? Feels like this could be another way to just skirt the rules. Like what happens if Mosh calls Usmanov and says, “Good ebening Al. Can I get 120mil with 0% interest and I’ll pay you back over 100 years?”

It doesn't matter how much personal wealth you have, it's to do with club revenue. It is a massive stitch up and designed that way deliberately.

Basically, Jeff Bezos could take over Brighton, but according to FFP, they could only spend based on revenue the club generates. Man Utd are in over £600m debt, but their revenue is such, that they could probably double that and it be fine. We have very little club debt, but can't spend £100m without repercussions.

I'm genuinely baffled how it is allowed to happen. The governing bodies say it's to stop teams going under, but it's just a cover to stop teams disturbing the top table.

Chelsea predated the new rules, and City where on the cusp, but put loads into the infrastructure and the commercial deals they put in place before where huge, so they couldn't use the market norm excuse to rule them out.

Stitch up.

But Moshiri and Usmanov have showed they have ideas to help. They just have to be careful and not piss their chips too early, or they will just change the rules again.

No way Romero trades United's bench for ours. If he comes I would assume he'd be told the position is his to lose. If he puts in a string of bad performances then Pickford takes the spot again and then it's his to lose.

No way Romero trades United's bench for ours. If he comes I would assume he's told the position is his to lose. If he puts in a string of bad performances then Pickford takes the spot again and then it's his to lose.

He wouldn't be trading Uniteds bench for ours, he would be trading Uniteds U23 Keeper for our bench.

Plus he would back himself to oust Pickford I would presume.

It doesn't matter how much personal wealth you have, it's to do with club revenue. It is a massive stitch up and designed that way deliberately.

Basically, Jeff Bezos could take over Brighton, but according to FFP, they could only spend based on revenue the club generates. Man Utd are in over £600m debt, but their revenue is such, that they could probably double that and it be fine. We have very little club debt, but can't spend £100m without repercussions.

I'm genuinely baffled how it is allowed to happen. The governing bodies say it's to stop teams going under, but it's just a cover to stop teams disturbing the top table.

Chelsea predated the new rules, and City where on the cusp, but put loads into the infrastructure and the commercial deals they put in place before where huge, so they couldn't use the market norm excuse to rule them out.

Stitch up.

But Moshiri and Usmanov have showed they have ideas to help. They just have to be careful and not piss their chips too early, or they will just change the rules again.

It was allowed to happen as the elite clubs were using the threat to form a break away league as leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back