Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, let's set some ground rules here, so in my opinion I would only count signings to EPL from abroad and only when a player gas reached that high profile level.

So signing C. Ronaldo from Lisbon, not high profile but signing him now is high profile. With this in mind, "Rodders is actually way way up there with the likes of zlatan and schweinsteiger maybe David Luiz etc
David Luiz?!

Ok, let's set some ground rules here, so in my opinion I would only count signings to EPL from abroad and only when a player gas reached that high profile level.

So signing C. Ronaldo from Lisbon, not high profile but signing him now is high profile. With this in mind, "Rodders is actually way way up there with the likes of zlatan and schweinsteiger maybe David Luiz etc
Would say Bergkamp or Klinnsmann are still as big a signing as the Premier League has had.

correct. Becoming high profile post moving to EPL clearly not relevant. Zlatan is deffo one of the most high profile.. however with only 6.5m followers on instagram is not even touching the dust of James’s following

Its a good signing for us and a news story but to call it the highest profile signing ever is nonsense imo.

Not even bigger than somebody like Di Maria to United, for example.

@catcherintherye @Neiler

I think bar a loan for Gibson we should hope to look like this after the window.

21 players 1 × GK / RB / RM short

GK: Pickford / Lossl
RB: Coleman
CB: Mina / Branthwaite / Gibson / Holgate / Keane
LB: DIgne / Nkounkou
RM: James
CM: Davies / Gomes / Gbamin / Doucoure / Allan
LM: Iwobi / Gordon
CF: Richarlison / Kean / DCL

Depending on us getting in those 3 more players the squad suddenly looks alot better.

We have to move a lot out, we will see how that goes.

Its a good signing for us and a news story but to call it the highest profile signing ever is nonsense imo.

Not even bigger than somebody like Di Maria to United, for example.
I'm not necessarily saying it's the highest profile ever but can almost guarantee that more people know who James is than knew who Di Maria was when he signed for Utd.

This was announced before they pulled the plug on the Chinese deal.

I think the key for us here to really take advantage of the joint two seasons would be to sell all our deadwood players.

We would have to bring in fees and get the majority of the wages off the books for those mostly contracted until 2021 and 2022. Then of course we save on the wages as well.

But looking at the 3 year cycle we're not looking in good shape just on saved wages so there needs to be a decent chunk of outgoings to balance the books.

My guess would be that;

8 Expiring 2021
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Pennington
Virginia
Connolly
Bowler

9 Expiring 2022
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman * (keep)
Kenny
Lossl * (keep)
Baningime
Gibson * (keep)

The vast majority of these 17 players are sold bar the 3 highlighted.

That would leave us with a squad of 18 players only in:

5 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou

6 Expiring 2024
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

4 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane

+ Gibson / Lossl / Coleman

Which becomes 21 in the first team squad once we add in James, Doucoure and Allan.

So i think we would go with a squad of 23 which means that we would be 2 short.

I expect to see a mass cull now allowing us to bring in a RB and one other player.

Just one quick point, as people have less money, it will be harder to sell players. We are fortunate many are out of contract,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back