Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey's a left-footed right winger who cuts inside, I had thought.

I think I'd rather get a right footed left sided player (one of the reasons I'd take Zaha), keeping James on that right side, which worked so well yesterday. But then, how many games do we seriously expect James to be fit for? Maybe a better alternative than Walcott will be needed for that side.

Richarlison likes playing off the left. Gordon also plays this position. As good as James is he needs wrapping in cotton wool. We can’t count on him for 35 starts this season

The bigger question should be do we want somebody who cant get into the squad ahead of Christensen, Zouma and Rudiger?

I think Holgates the better player but considering his injury and Mina's fitness record I would take Tomori on loan as cover.

Otherwise I fear some bum like Smalling coming in.

I think Holgates the better player but considering his injury and Mina's fitness record I would take Tomori on loan as cover.

Otherwise I fear some bum like Smalling coming in.

As I say, I would probably get a veteran for 2 years and allow Gibson and Branthwaite to get experience.

I think with Mina, Holgate and Keane, all 3 have suffered niggles the last season or 2, so I think we really need a body in that area currently.

The bigger question should be do we want somebody who cant get into the squad ahead of Christensen, Zouma and Rudiger?

....it’s really is about the ‘type’ of player he is. He’s a very pacy, powerful and dominating CB. Chelsea might have a few in that category and he misses out. We have none and need one.

Tomori is raw, it might be a factor why he doesn’t play ahead of Zouma. I actually think he might have more potential than Zouma, but you don’t get time to develop at a club where they want proven over potential.

He’s the type we need, he’s not the type Chelsea need. He’s not the finished article.

Along with a RB and CB cover on loan i really think that if we pushed the boat out and got a decent right winger and decent forward to add to the squad we will really be able to challenge in all comps, please do it Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back