Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not au fait with defenders playing in foreign leagues, although I’ve read that Todibo is so crap that he couldn’t even handle the German league.

So when I’m limited to players that I’ve actually heard of and are said to be available for a move, and may even be able on loan, then Chris Smalling and John Stones are the only names that I’m aware of.

Neither are particularly inspiring but both could claim to have played at the top level.

Stones on loan, for example? Is he even crapper than Mina? They’re probably of a similar level of crapness tbh, but there isn’t an abundance of available options that I know about, and we definitely need to bring in a CB!

Personally think any more transfer action will be in the last week of the window. Seems to have fallen quiet with genuine links going out or coming in, and I doubt we'll sign any permanent players unless we can get rid of the big shift of the usual named players (Besic, Sandro, Bolasie, Theo, Iwobinho, Cenk). If we manage to shift at least 4 of them then I fully expect a right winger to be in.

It's been a funny season. CB has gone from not being a priority, with the injuries to 2 and the top end of the pitch sorting itself to being a priority. Zaha is a bit of a luxury currently.
But such is our lack of depth, that could be said about the front positions also. Injuries to Richarlison, James or DCL leaves us very light. Kean unproven, Gylfi and Bernard not quite good enough and all our wingers are awful apart from Gordon - who again, isn't yet at the stage where he could replace any of our top 3.

We need pace in the team. At CB, RB and the wide positions. Pace is so important in the modern game, and without more of it, we will struggle over the course of a season.

But such is our lack of depth, that could be said about the front position also. Injuries to Richarlison, James or DCL leaves us very light. Kean unproven, Gylfi and Bernard not quite good enough and all our wingers are awful apart from Gordon - who again, isn't yet at the stage where he could replace any of our top 3.

We need pace in the team. At CB, RB and the wide positions. Pace is so important in the modern game, and without more of it, we will struggle over the course of a season.

We have Gordon and Kean don't we. Thats ok for me. At present I think the bigger priortity is a CB. Just my view though.

CB has to be priority. Then RB, then a back up striker.

I'd love to replace Pickford as dont think he is good enough and is continuing to make sloppy mistakes. But, if we can sort the defence and get a defensively better RB and a CB to challenge Mina, then it limits the chance of Pickford making any mistakes.

I’m not au fait with defenders playing in foreign leagues, although I’ve read that Todibo is so crap that he couldn’t even handle the German league.

So when I’m limited to players that I’ve actually heard of and are said to be available for a move, and may even be able on loan, then Chris Smalling and John Stones are the only names that I’m aware of.

Neither are particularly inspiring but both could claim to have played at the top level.

Stones on loan, for example? Is he even crapper than Mina? They’re probably of a similar level of crapness tbh, but there isn’t an abundance of available options that I know about, and we definitely need to bring in a CB!
He is not crap, he was playing fine pre lockdown but no doubting on return his standards seemed to have dropped a little, but Shalke were dreadful as a team when they came back and it can't be easy for any player to standout in a David Wagner team let's be honest now.

I know we’ve got a lot of guff on our books that’ll be very hard to shift, but I’m still surprised how quiet it’s been in regards to outs. Thought one or two teams would’ve panicked by now and taken one or two off our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back