Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly
We were all told Carlo only plays 4-4-2 when he joined
He has played every possible formation depending on the players available and the game demands
If we sign a RB and /or a winger ,either RW or LW then i expect to se the formations change
If Carlo has a choice between a good RW and a really good LW I am sure he will go for the LW and change the formation to suit
As he said good players can adapt

By who?

Carlo has always said he doesn't have a set formation and adjusts things based on the players at his disposal / opposition etc.

I'm not saying we should sign Zaha. He will be too expensive unless we are able to work in some sort of player exchange.

But we do need a high class Zaha type player, ie a wide forward/winger, who will improve our squad, give us more options, and enable us to rest/rotate our front 6 without reducing the quality of the starting XI. Players like Lozano, Bailey, Peresic, Lemar, Hudson Odoi etc, would all be brilliant.

But in the event we are able to bring Zaha in there are only upsides as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why so many people are turning their noses up. He's as good as any of the others I've mentioned and he knows the league.
I am all for that

Kinda feels like the momentum has been lost. We still need another center half and a right-sided player.

Feel this will go all the way to the final day of the window now.

A lot things go on behind the scenes before the media get wind of it....we've already negotiated 3 deals, now we can be negotiating others....we could have deals agreed with clubs and players, but have to wait for them to find replacements first...we also have to try negotiate sales ...its a massively important window for us, so patience is needed...and all our problems will not be addressed in one window...

Look at other big clubs...United have struggled to get deals done...City are still trying to find a centre back, and probably struggling to find a striker too...

Teams double up, even triple up on him. They can afford to do that against Palace because they don't have other dangerous players. Basically stop him and you stop Palace.

We do it against him all the time. That's why he is invariably the most, or one of the most fouled players in the league. But it also stops him delivering.

Zaha in a batter team with more options will deliver more end product because teams can't afford to double up on him.

Is he working part time in a chipper now ??

I’m upset we didn’t go for semedo. One of the best attacking right back in the game with dribbling ability.

No chance we were spending £35m on a right back - I think about half that figure might end up being realistic if Kenny leaves (which doesn't seem likely given the radio silence on that subject). Good signing for Wolves though

By who?

Carlo has always said he doesn't have a set formation and adjusts things based on the players at his disposal / opposition etc.
Carlo himself , I suggest that you read "Quiet Leadership" in which he strongly advocated 4-4-2 as his prefered system.

However , because he is a World class manager he is also pragmatic and in his book he acknowledged that at Madrid he went 4-3-3 because of Ronaldo .

It would appear that to get the best out of James he is doing the same again.

TBF I thought 4-3-3 suited our dire midfield last season ( because none of them were good enough to play in a 2 )

Weren’t wolves warned about breaching ffp rules or something recently. Looks like they’re throwing caution to the wind and just spending

they were and they paid a 200k fine are restricted to 23 players (instead of 25) next time the qualify for Europe. To the best of my knowledge that's the end of it, in terms of that investigation

Forgetting the dates they played...

Vialli
Ravanelli
Di Canio
Carbone
Jorginho
Di Matteo

Ive always thought Romagnoli from Milan would be perfect in the premier league.

Will be interesting to see if Ancelotti signs italians...not sure hes really done that outside of Italy aside from Veratti who he signed for PSG. He did sign players from the italian league but not really italians themselves i think?

Again though, no one has said Richarlison is 'world class'. Ive said hes close to world class "at what he does".

Real Madrid: Rodrygo / Vinicius / Hazard / Jovic
Richarlison starts.

Barcelona: €120mil for a now 29 year old Griezmann or the same price for 23 year old Richarlison?
Richarlison for me.

Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix €126mil or Richarlison?
Richarlison for me.

I wouldnt see him at PSG ahead of Neymar, Mbappe or Icardi. But i wouldnt be surprised to see PSG bid for him if Mbappe was sold.

Valuation: This is a tricky one as Felix was bought on potential. Griezmann/Hazard signed at 28. You can add on the 'Brazilian factor' and Richarlison being a unique type of player at 23 playing for a club on the rise under one of the worlds best managers.

For me, Id say £120-150mil.

Current ability + potential ability + marketing + Brazilian...if he continues improving and can hit 20 goals then its going to be a big fee if he does move.
You on commission?

I think we'd be too busy celebrating to have time to buy anyone lol

Yeah thats what i was trying to say as well. Were in agreement ;)

Very highly rated in France, Toulouse wanted to extend his contract to make him their highest ever paid player. Meant to have been far higher rated than Saliba (for example) who Arsenal signed for big money last year.

Hes a fixture for France u20s and we know how good those French centre backs are.

Barca and a host of other top sides came in for him -- chose barca.

Made his debut (from memory) at defensive midfield and was fine. Decent passer.

Played against Inter in the champions league and had Lautaro Martinez (Inters superstar forward) in his pocket all game. Got motm award i think.

Went to Schalke on loan. Barca fans werent happy.

Won player of the month for Schalke before the restart in germany.

After the restart the team looked terrible (including Kenny) and got beaten by Dortmund where he looked poor and went off injured after a bit of elbows with Haaland. Then injured for the last games (think he came on another game and then same injury again)

Problem with him is that hes 20 and has hardly played...toulouse only 10 games, a handful for Barca and Schalke.

Quick, athletic and a great passer...only weak point i can see is thar he tends to dive in which comes with experience.

I reckon he could make a decent CB / RB or DM myself. Would need time to adapt and alot of coaching but very high potential.
You mean you googled it

Carlo himself , I suggest that you read "Quiet Leadership" in which he strongly advocated 4-4-2 as his prefered system.

However , because he is a World class manager he is also pragmatic and in his book he acknowledged that at Madrid he went 4-3-3 because of Ronaldo .

It would appear that to get the best out of James he is doing the same again.

TBF I thought 4-3-3 suited our dire midfield last season ( because none of them were good enough to play in a 2 )

I've read it mate that's exactly why I made the comment haha.

As you say, he's a pragmatic manager who will play the way that gets the best out of the team. Pretty sure he makes that point in the book that he doesn't consider himself restricted to one formation

A lot things go on behind the scenes before the media get wind of it....we've already negotiated 3 deals, now we can be negotiating others....we could have deals agreed with clubs and players, but have to wait for them to find replacements first...we also have to try negotiate sales ...its a massively important window for us, so patience is needed...and all our problems will not be addressed in one window...

Look at other big clubs...United have struggled to get deals done...City are still trying to find a centre back, and probably struggling to find a striker too...
I think business will pick up next week as we head into the end of the window. City made life difficult for themselves trying to get Koulibaly. Napoli seem to be a nightmare to deal with when it comes to him.

If we can get a couple of quality signings over the line now is the time to do it. The team is riding high and the Ancelotti factor is a big plus for any prospective players. I’m maintaining a healthy scepticism that it will happen but if we get another top quality wide player, a good RB to compete with Coleman and a good CB cover then we can look forward to the season with even more optimism.

It’s inevitable James will pick up the odd injury so having more quality options in the final third really strengthens us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back