Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

....they’re the clips I like to see, a defender running back towards his own goal in a foot race with the opposition striker.

This was what I meant in a discussion with @Zatara this morning, I hope we have a shopping list with a few of this type of fast and powerful CBs. This one will do.

I know the links continue, but I wonder if we’re genuinely interested in Todibo.

....they’re the clips I like to see, a defender running back towards his own goal in a foot race with the opposition striker.

This was what I meant in a discussion with @Zatara this morning, I hope we have a shopping list with a few of this type of fast and powerful CBs. This one will do.

I know the links continue, but I wonder if we’re genuinely interested in Todibo.

Theres no volume anywhere with regards anybody currently.

Wouldnt like to say who we are interested in.

Ah ok, so as it was agreed last season there must only be 1 season left? Or was it 2 from this summer?

You are quite right though, if it's a 2.5 year deal it's not a ringing endorsement. Overall I agree with your assessment. I really like him, but if they really liked him they wouldn't let him out on loan. Brainthwaite has probably jumped ahead of him in the cue.

That being said, it's a good loan for him.

2.5 from the January.

Gibson signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract with Everton in January 2020.

Source here: https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1839178/gibson-joins-reading-on-season-long-loan

I get the sense Watford are desperate to offload Sarr. The fact they are offering him out says as much. It looks like Liverpool preferred Jota and United haven't bitten. Using Iwobi or Walcott to sweeten the deal and reduce the cost could be a very attractive option.
Yeah. All leaks tend to come from the selling side. Even the Doucoure links came from a Watford ITK
That makes some sense. It's odd they were hawking him around clubs.

People would be very surprised how things like that make a difference in clubs. In general we see 30m or whatever they paid and think it's all up front. It's generally not, it's spread. Of course, when a big bill comes in for him next season, they only way to really solve that is to move him on. It puts clubs under a lot of pressure.
Use both of them. I still haven't seen enough of sarr yet though, i think he'd be OK to come in as a backup now and iron out the rawness over the next couple of years, but we need to be buying a starter right now, he's not good enough yet to start 30 odd games for us and be effective imo.
His market value right now is very high. If he stays and they don't get promoted you could basically half the current asking price. No shock they're trying to flog him right now.

I personally don't think he's worth the £40m or so that's been touted - another winger that doesn't score a whole lot of goals.

I see Sarr as another Richarlison type deal. Hes had a year of turmoil with management changes and in a new environment at a young age yet has performed well.

He'll score double figures for a better team. Looks ideal for us and id prefer him to Zaha for example, looks to me that he could really become an elite player.

Not sure we could use too many players in a swap deal. I mean even if we offered Iwobi + £10mil i dont think they would take it. They need the cash or players like Walcott or Bolasie for a season in a cash + player swap for a short term boost.

Ideally we sell a bunch of players fast and match what they paid for him.

The counter would be, why offer him the 4-5 year contract they did?

Gibson? It was a 2 year extension taking him to 2022.

I think the idea was to loan him for 2 seasons then in the 21/22 summer preseason next year assess how he has come on and decide on whether he will be part of the first team and gain another extension or be sold.

My guess is that he does well in the championship and we start receiving offers for him. Looks the part from the tiny amount ive seen.

Absolutely, all things being equal and a credible board/President I would expect the club would keep Todibo and count on him for the future but instead he is merely transfer fodder after being acquired on the cheap. I think he's excellent and would fit in at any club

Todibo has all the ability in the world, just a bit rash in the tackle and needs to be given consistent games for a team on the front foot where he can have freedom to ping the ball around.

Quite surprising he was sent on loan in the first place as he looked excellent in the Inter Barca match last season.

Does seem he is definitely gonna be available, though.

He has a bit of pace and is a strong defender. Kind of unsure why Lampard seems not to rate him.

Then again, the injury may have done him in.

He was worried about Tomori wanting to leave so gave him game time.

I've no doubt he starts picking Rudiger again once the window closes and Tomori ends up out of the squad again.

Keep in contact with Chelsea, but don’t put your eggs in that basket. I disagree with others that they aren’t hesitant to deal with us. They are still a team in transition if their last two games are anything to go by. Sure there are some other young CB’s that could round do the job until Holgate and Jrad get healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back