Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so mate as we could have a real go at the top 4 if we brought in the right players.

Sadly a team that has Pickford, Coleman & Gomes starting in every week isnt going to do that.

Outside of the CB we really could do with a RW, GK & RB coming in.

Sadly I think alot of clubs being skint has gone against us this year as the sort of clubs with dough to spend wont be looking at the likes of Bolasie or Tosun.

I think Walcott and Kenny are the only two who could potentially get interest.

Gomes isn't exactly a weak link. He had a poor season last year but that included a dreadful injury and then coming back to play in a non-existent midfield and one in which he had to be 'everything'.

He's now in a very good midfield.

We'll sell Kenny if a decent offer comes in IF we have a RB guaranteed.

Pickford - we'll just have to see if a deal is right for competition for him.

We'll get a CB and I think we'll get a wide forward but yeh, depends on outs.

Gomes isn't exactly a weak link. He had a poor season last year but that included a dreadful injury and then coming back to play in a non-existent midfield and one in which he had to be 'everything'.

Was decent pre-injury aswll

Amazing that theres Wan Bissaka, James, TAA, Aarons and Lamptey at right back who are all young and English.

Then of course we have the entire globe to find a right back but havent managed to bring one in for 2-3 seasons now.

My guess is that depending on finishing position and moving players on, next summer we'll be focused on GK / RB / CB / RF positions.

The defence to me looks like our weak link.

I suppose I mean that Romero's levels of concentration and shot-stopping remain the same regardless of the opposition. Unfortunately the same can be said of Pickford's.
Yeah that's fair enough. I wouldn't argue with any of that and have said myself in here that he would bring a safe pair of hands.

But Goat's post I was responding to was using his clean sheet stat at United to justify his opinion that Romero is a top keeper who we should be paying a sizeable fee and £100k pw wages for. I pointed out that the majority of games he played were against inferior opposition than they would normally face in the Premier League and Champions League, and so perhaps you should be expecting the percentage of clean sheets to be higher. I think it's a valid point to raise.

You may think Romero is a top keeper who is worth the money. I don't. I think he is a very good option to bring in as a short term measure to provide competition for Pickford, and if need be replace him in the team while we sort out a long term replacement. Which is why I would be looking to bring him in on loan initially. He's surplus to requirements at United and has 12 months left on his contract and as we've seen it's definitely a buyers market. .

If we bring him in on a 3/4 year contract on £100k per week, everyone on here will be moaning in 2 years when he 's no longer needed and we can't get rid of him.

I hope so mate as we could have a real go at the top 4 if we brought in the right players.

Sadly a team that has Pickford, Coleman & Gomes starting in every week isnt going to do that.

Outside of the CB we really could do with a RW, GK & RB coming in.

Sadly I think alot of clubs being skint has gone against us this year as the sort of clubs with dough to spend wont be looking at the likes of Bolasie or Tosun.

I think Walcott and Kenny are the only two who could potentially get interest.
Do you feel the need to have a whipping boy in your sights, DCL has proved you wrong so you've moved on to Gomes. I notice that you fail to see any good they do when they're your target but you pick up on every fault.

Do you feel the need to have a whipping boy in your sights, DCL has proved you wrong so you've moved on to Gomes. I notice that you fail to see any good they do when they're your target but you pick up on every fault.

What does Gomes do apart from keep possession?

Most over rated player at the club - a creative player that doesn't create and you can dress it up as much as you want but thats what he is meant to be in the midfield.

Sorry that just coz we win a few games we cant critique our players just because they are handsome and not called Siggurdsson or Pickford.

Most over rated player at the club - a creative player that doesn't create and you can dress it up as much as you want but thats what he is meant to be in the midfield.

Sorry that just coz we win a few games we cant critique our players just because they are handsome and not called Siggurdsson or Pickford.
It's not just critiquing with you though, you decide you don't like someone and then just hammer them constantly online. Gomes is a good player who is still recovering from having his ankle torn off. He's proved to be very steady if unspectacular, that's your issue, he hasn't been exciting enough, he's just doing the role asked of him.

that’s literally his job, keep the turnover of possession through the midfield so we can move the ball fast around the park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back