Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are on the verge of signing a youngster from Swedish football, according to claims on Saturday afternoon.

Göteborgs-Posten, via Fotbollskanalen, report Imam Jagne’s switch from BK Häcken to Carlo Ancelotti’s side is almost complete. The deal is described as being so far down the line that Jagne is set to travel to England for an Everton medical, and complete his move to the Premier League club.

Sonny Karlsson, the club’s sporting director, is quoted as saying: “What remains is that he goes there, quite simply. Everything is clear in principle.”

Everton are said to be paying 15m Swedish kroner for the youngster, which works out at around £1.3m and is a significant fee for BK Häcken.

Despite his young age, Jagne is expected to join up with Everton’s U23 squad, and continue his progress under the guidance of David Unsworth.

Transfermarkt list him as a defensive midfielder, however, professional scouting platform Wyscout has four of his matches listed, and in those he played right wing, attacking midfielder, and right-sided defensive midfielder… so his final position seems to be a work in progress.

£1.3m is a lot of Nkounkous for a 16 year old.

What did @Zatara say about him?

If Zat wrote him off he's the new Zlatan.
Just had to check back in the thread. He didn't actually make any comment. Possibly because he hadn't heard of him before, which in fairness none of us had.

Decided not to watch the video given the slagging he got. Think most of it was good natured but I also reckon there were a couple of serious posts in there too.

Fancy writing off a 16 yo before he's even signed for us. Only on GOT lol

Just had to check back in the thread. He didn't actually make any comment. Possibly because he hadn't heard of him before, which in fairness none of us had.

Decided not to watch the video given the slagging he got. Think most of it was good natured but I also reckon there were a couple of serious posts in there too.

Fancy writing off a 16 yo before he's even signed for us. Only on GOT lol
Marcel Brands has done it again.

Good post mate, I think we are fine. If money or compliance wasn’t an issue, I’d go for a young right back, Frimpong or Lampety would be my shouts. I suspect relying on Seamus will see him fatiuqed. But I think there is an argument there for giving Kenny an opportunity over a Sibide of this world.

Equally at centre half, I see the logic in bolstering our number there with injuries, but like right back, I’d like to see Branthwaite get the squad spot all fit, rather then developing a kid for another club.

A winger I don’t think is necessary myself, our width is coming from full backs. Id find it hard to drop our current starting players, while behind that we have a stable of wide players. Not saying we couldn’t improve on that, just don’t think we will wallpaper over the cracks this window until we loose a few there next window.

So were I would stand, unless we are investing in a permanent first choice signing for centre half, right back and the wing then I’d rather gI’ve opportunities to the youth we have and wide players then loaning myself. In truth I see those positions as the ones we target next summer.
Yeah I see where you're coming from. My POV re the winger is that there may be some games whereby we want to mix it up a bit. We may not always need 3 central midfielders and can afford to sacrifice 1 and play James in a free role behind 3 front men. Dom up top, Richy on one side and a quality pacey guy on the other. I really don't think Walcott is upto it these days and Iwobi hasn't shown so far either. I think in time Gordon can be that player.

That extra quality body in there would also enable us to rotate our front 6 without reducing quality and I'm also hoping Gbamin will add to this when he returns. Of course the chances are this rotation will be forced on us anyway through injury and suspension.

Everton are on the verge of signing a youngster from Swedish football, according to claims on Saturday afternoon.

Göteborgs-Posten, via Fotbollskanalen, report Imam Jagne’s switch from BK Häcken to Carlo Ancelotti’s side is almost complete. The deal is described as being so far down the line that Jagne is set to travel to England for an Everton medical, and complete his move to the Premier League club.

Sonny Karlsson, the club’s sporting director, is quoted as saying: “What remains is that he goes there, quite simply. Everything is clear in principle.”

Everton are said to be paying 15m Swedish kroner for the youngster, which works out at around £1.3m and is a significant fee for BK Häcken.

Despite his young age, Jagne is expected to join up with Everton’s U23 squad, and continue his progress under the guidance of David Unsworth.

Transfermarkt list him as a defensive midfielder, however, professional scouting platform Wyscout has four of his matches listed, and in those he played right wing, attacking midfielder, and right-sided defensive midfielder… so his final position seems to be a work in progress.
8fe500fec56f34cdb01c3e32b090b194.jpg

Last season he played 30 games, got 4 goals and 2 assists, not prolific, but I wouldnt say he's finished. Slightly better than Walcott was for us
I think Rafinhas great, I actually think he's more versatile than his older brother Thiago who the afterbirth just signed. It was rumoured at the time that Thiago moved from B team to 1st team because Rafinha was coming through the ranks so quick he was going to take Thiagos place in B team probably not true but good story. Like Zatara suggested loan with option I'd be all over, but I think barca want/need to sell which would be really risky for someone who's wrecked his knees 3 times amongst many other injuries. Rafinha can play many positions and Luis Enrique loves him I'd definitely take him on loan and see how his knees hold up Thiago came back from bad injury too so we could get lucky and he'd definitely be interested in coming as he and Thiago are really close he calls his older brother Thiago his best friend, brother and father.

Besic
Sandro
Walcott
Bolasie
Tosun
Get them 5 out and its huge savings on wages with absolutely no impact to the first team 11. Centre back is the obvious hole to fill. If the right player becomes available who can play across the front 3, those outs might also make that an option.

Far from convinced on our midfield options, beyond the starters and Sigurdsson; Davies and Delph have only shown they aren't good enough. Davies didn't even start the game against Fleetwood. Our first 11 is class but I think our options off the bench are going to let us down this season. We know we will pick up injuries to key players as we always do without fail. Rome wasn't built in a day but there appears to be a massive opportunity this season with Spurs, Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea all looking all over the shop and all bar Arsenal will be competing in Europe in a very condensed season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back