Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As excellent as our start to the season has been, the reality of how competitive the Premier League now is should be evident from the performance of Leicester today. While we're here congratulating ourselves on seeing off Crystal Palace, Leicester have just stuck 3 past Guardiola and co. It may or may not be enough to win, but I think it's fair to say that we're in a battle for 7th at best without further significant investment.

An injury or two to James and, say, Doucoure, and we're back to bang average faster than the time it takes for Rodriguez to flash a grin that melts our girly hearts.

Our first team - if it stayed fit all season - might well do better than 7th, but it won't stay fit all season. James and the other South Americans are off on international duty soon a few days before the derby. How many will come back jaded or injured?

All the ould talk that Seamus will do us fine at right-back or Holgate, Keane, and Mina will be grand at centre-half is best-case scenario stuff. We should be planning for the worst or all the giddy talk that we've all enjoyed will turn out to be just that, talk, when reality bites.

So, as far as I'm concerned, there's plenty for us to do yet in the market. This is where Brands earns his corn.

As excellent as our start to the season has been, the reality of how competitive the Premier League now is should be evident from the performance of Leicester today. While we're here congratulating ourselves on seeing off Crystal Palace, Leicester have just stuck 3 past Guardiola and co. It may or may not be enough to win, but I think it's fair to say that we're in a battle for 7th at best without further significant investment.

An injury or two to James and, say, Doucoure, and we're back to bang average faster than the time it takes for Rodriguez to flash a grin that melts our girly hearts.

Our first team - if it stayed fit all season - might well do better than 7th, but it won't stay fit all season. James and the other South Americans are off on international duty soon a few days before the derby. How many will come back jaded or injured?

All the ould talk that Seamus will do us fine at right-back or Holgate, Keane, and Mina will be grand at centre-half is best-case scenario stuff. We should be planning for the worst or all the giddy talk that we've all enjoyed will turn out to be just that, talk, when reality bites.

So, as far as I'm concerned, there's plenty for us to do yet in the market. This is where Brands earns his corn.

To be honest mate, I would be disappointed if we couldn't score at least three against, what is a fairly mediocre Man City team today. Their defence is horrendous, a real mess.

It may be a season of opportunity, but Carlo's reading of the situation won't have changed by early results, ours or other teams I don't think.

We need what we need in his eyes, and that changes only due to injuries pretty much.

It would be nice to add CB + RW but whatever happens there will still be plenty of holes in the squad come October 6th. If there is room to make signings, they'll do so.

I really don’t think we are done spending. I think if we can move players on to free up wages and we look good in the table still Moshiri might see it as another opportunity to increase our chances.

When does the window close?

I really don’t think we are done spending. I think if we can move players on to free up wages and we look good in the table still Moshiri might see it as another opportunity to increase our chances.

When does the window close?

A week tomorrow. It's open longer for trading to the Championship, L1 and 2, though.

The only position we're gonna strengthen in without getting rid of players is CB.

Anywhere else, we need to free up space by sales/loans.

A week tomorrow.

The only position we're gonna strengthen in without getting rid of players is CB.

Anywhere else, we need to free up space by sales/loans.

Here’s hoping (I think it will) the market goes mad this coming week then. Usually does the last week. Loads of clubs desperate to sell to improve.

If DCL was to get injured then Richy would play centre forward, and one of our LM’s would replace Richy on the left. I can’t see us spending big money on another striker.

I’m sure Moyes would love to have Coleman back, but he’s playing well enough to start for Everton right now, so I don’t see him leaving. Not unless we have what we consider to be an improvement lined up, as Coleman is 31, and I think West Ham will become desperate as the deadline approaches.

Ancelotti has told Dom to stay in box, I don’t think Richarlison would be disciplined enough to do that, it wouldn’t be as natural to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back