Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gana love party sickens me.

Even after watching Allan you still pine for him.
I've backed Keggers loads!!!

Gana is rubbish.

Your Gana hatred is ridiculous. I think Allan definitely has more to his game than Gana and Doucoure has a wider range of talents than Gana but the jury's still out on whether he will be a better player for us. Even taking this into account Gueye would still be in our top 3 or 4 centre mids (depending on what you think Rodriguez's main position is) if he joined today.

I have grown to really like Keane, but Gueye was a far more consistent performer for us than Keane has been. Hopefully Keane can continue this form and change this fact, but to put it bluntly Gueye is not rubbish.

Allan is better technically but in terms of their defensive work, work rate etc they are pretty much the same. Gana was a one man CM sometimes.

For me Walcott doesn't do a lot wrong but doesn't do a lot right either. Bolasie is more likely to lose the ball in a dangerous position and less likely to track back but also more likely to cause problems for opposition defenses.
Walcott seems to be a 4, 5 or 6 out of ten every single game. For ever.
Bolasie is a 2 or 3 for 5 games on the run or 10 games on the run then he'll be a 7, 8 or 9.

I can kind of understand why managers might prefer Walcott. He keeps the collective average up over the course of a season more than Yannick.

I think I know the answer to this one.

18?

I don’t think we’ll get him but a move for Zaha or someone like him makes sense. Great having players that can play anywhere on the front 3 like Richy, gives opposition a headache as they can switch and vary throughout a game effectively. Same with Godfrey apparently being able to play well as a defensive midfielder.

Versatility, especially off the bench will be a great asset for us as last year every player was basically the same so if a plan wasn’t working out there wasn’t anything new to put in just fresh legs. Think if we got those 2 in hypothetically and shifted out as many as possible the next few days we’d be in for a fantastic season.

I'm not sure on this mate. Gana's passing may have been underrated and ok, and his ball carrying in the final season may have been ok, but his USP is that he's an exceptional tackler. He's a bit of a one trick pony, but it's a very good trick.

Allan is much more rounded. He can play the Gana role (and did for Napoli in the CL, and seemingly fell into that here) but he is generally more rounded. He makes less tackles than Gana, but is a better ball carrier, and also good at forward passing.
I know this is the argument, I just disagree with it to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back