Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's hilariously bad logic.

I mean, it's really not.

We needed a player who can play anywhere across the line. We'd have all liked that to be someone top quality to give us a really, really top-level front line of 4 high quality options.

As it is, we have 3 high quality players, two half-decent ones (Iwobi and Bernard) and then a young talent in Gordon.

Issue is, none of Bernard, Iwobi or Gordon can play central. We've let Kean go so really we should be going for that forward (should've been anyway imo, regardless of Kean).

King would definitely be a solution to that, and I just don't want our season derailed by injuries. I wouldn't say he's better than Iwobi or Bernard on the left, but he's definitely a better option than either of them in the middle.

Anyway, we'll see. It's not the end of the world if we don't sign another, we just have to hope to avoid injuries. But given the fixture congestion, this season and the fact we're only four games in and already have had seven first-team injuries, not including Gbamin, it would seem prudent to have that other option.

I'll stick by my point which I've said all summer - i am disappointed we've got to a position where Kean has gone and we're relying on perhaps getting someone like King in. But I would rather have King than nothing, lets put it that way.

I find it very interesting how the general view on James was compared to Bale.

James was coming to us as an injury ridden crock who was well past his best.

Spurs we’re bringing Bale home where he can rediscover his best and be a turning point for them to challenge for the league.

In fact it’s almost the exact opposite. James was fit for most of his time at Madrid especially in the last year, he was just out of favour with Zidane. Zidane never questioned his professionalism and Madrid fans still loved him even after he left.

Bale on the other hand was consistently injured and out of form for the past 2 years and has disrespected the club over and over showing a complete lack of respect for a club that’s paid him millions upon millions. Madrid fans are notoriously difficult to please and fickle so I actually understand why he’d not care to please them but it’s still a valid criticism of him.

I think it’s mad that James has come in and showed he’s easily among the best players in the league despite not playing regularly since he was in Germany and there’s nothing made of it, he’s barely mentioned. Meanwhile Bale won’t play until November at the earliest and will have cost Spurs over £10m before he’s even kicked a ball but people are claiming he’ll push them to the league despite him basically being a January signing by the time he’ll be fit and firing.

Just shows the general bias especially towards London clubs that the media have and even as the team at the top of the league and the most in form teams with some of the most in form players we’ve largely been ignored by everyone for some reason. They hate it. We love it.
To be fair there are plenty of plaudits for James right now.
Even the one's questioning his signing and writing him off have held their hands up and admitted they where wrong.
Not really heard anything other than high praise for him theses past few weeks.
And rightly so , he's been boss.

I find it very interesting how the general view on James was compared to Bale.

James was coming to us as an injury ridden crock who was well past his best.

Spurs we’re bringing Bale home where he can rediscover his best and be a turning point for them to challenge for the league.

In fact it’s almost the exact opposite. James was fit for most of his time at Madrid especially in the last year, he was just out of favour with Zidane. Zidane never questioned his professionalism and Madrid fans still loved him even after he left.

Bale on the other hand was consistently injured and out of form for the past 2 years and has disrespected the club over and over showing a complete lack of respect for a club that’s paid him millions upon millions. Madrid fans are notoriously difficult to please and fickle so I actually understand why he’d not care to please them but it’s still a valid criticism of him.

I think it’s mad that James has come in and showed he’s easily among the best players in the league despite not playing regularly since he was in Germany and there’s nothing made of it, he’s barely mentioned. Meanwhile Bale won’t play until November at the earliest and will have cost Spurs over £10m before he’s even kicked a ball but people are claiming he’ll push them to the league despite him basically being a January signing by the time he’ll be fit and firing.

Just shows the general bias especially towards London clubs that the media have and even as the team at the top of the league and the most in form teams with some of the most in form players we’ve largely been ignored by everyone for some reason. They hate it. We love it.
Who knows how bale will turn out, the fact he’s been all about power and pace, makes it a massive question mark at 31 and surely the injuries have effected his pace.

While James is all about, touch, vision, awareness and clever/fantastic passing.

interesting I heard someone say bale can do what James does and just sit in and dictate the game. I don’t think he’s capable of doing that.

Who knows how bale will turn out, the fact he’s been all about power and pace, makes it a massive question mark at 31 and surely the injuries have effected his pace.

While James is all about, touch, vision, awareness and clever/fantastic passing.

interesting I heard someone say bale can do what James does and just sit in and dictate the game. I don’t think he’s capable of doing that.
Don’t forget overhead kicks in big finals mate.

I mean, it's really not.

We needed a player who can play anywhere across the line. We'd have all liked that to be someone top quality to give us a really, really top-level front line of 4 high quality options.

As it is, we have 3 high quality players, two half-decent ones (Iwobi and Bernard) and then a young talent in Gordon.

Issue is, none of Bernard, Iwobi or Gordon can play central. We've let Kean go so really we should be going for that forward (should've been anyway imo, regardless of Kean).

King would definitely be a solution to that, and I just don't want our season derailed by injuries. I wouldn't say he's better than Iwobi or Bernard on the left, but he's definitely a better option than either of them in the middle.

Anyway, we'll see. It's not the end of the world if we don't sign another, we just have to hope to avoid injuries. But given the fixture congestion, this season and the fact we're only four games in and already have had seven first-team injuries, not including Gbamin, it would seem prudent to have that other option.

I'll stick by my point which I've said all summer - i am disappointed we've got to a position where Kean has gone and we're relying on perhaps getting someone like King in. But I would rather have King than nothing, lets put it that way.
We don't though, we need a striker to back up DCL. We have 5 players who Carlo seems to think are wide players and one or two if you count Tosun who play striker. Now if you think Josh King is a good striker then we have a good argument to sign him, but I don't. And as I don't his being able to do a job in two other positions that we don't need him for isn't a worthwhile thing to consider.

We don't though, we need a striker to back up DCL. We have 5 players who Carlo seems to think are wide players and one or two if you count Tosun who play striker. Now if you think Josh King is a good striker then we have a good argument to sign him, but I don't. And as I don't his being able to do a job in two other positions that we don't need him for isn't a worthwhile thing to consider.

Josh King is a better centre forward than Cenk Tosun

Josh King is a better wide player than Cenk Tosun.

Josh King is a good player.

Lord almighty.
We have a massive Josh King thread dedicated to him , and we are not even credibly linked to him.
And now it is all over here as well.
For goodness sake , get a grip and let it go until there is a squeak of some form of relevance.
If I started repeated , random threads of journeymen , flexible forwards belonging to other clubs I would soon get warned by mods and then banned ( and quite rightly).

To be fair there are plenty of plaudits for James right now.
Even the one's questioning his signing and writing him off have held their hands up and admitted they where wrong.
Not really heard anything other than high praise for him theses past few weeks.
And rightly so , he's been boss.

don’t see why everything has to be a competition. James is a class player, I’m sure Bale is also a class player. Even if it doesn’t work for him at Spurs he doesn’t have anything to prove, same with James. They’ve both been world class at Real Madrid for years when Real could have bought anyone.

Lord almighty.
We have a massive Josh King thread dedicated to him , and we are not even credibly linked to him.
And now it is all over here as well.
For goodness sake , get a grip and let it go until there is a squeak of some form of relevance.
If I started repeated , random threads of journeymen , flexible forwards belonging to other clubs I would soon get warned by mods and then banned ( and quite rightly).

Quiet.

Obviously it’s just opinions but I think we do. I think swapping iwobi for DCL reduces our goal threat significantly and means we have to change the way we play quite dramatically. Iwobi and Gordon are also our cover on the right side, and James is unlikely to be playing 90 minutes 40 times unfortunately. I’m not sure 5 players is enough to cover those 3 positions, especially when one of the 5 has about half a dozen senior games under his belt. King himself would not be my First choice by a long shot, but I do think he’s the type of player we could probably do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back