Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Unsworth said in July that Simms’ all around play was ‘magnificent’ (hold up, pace, goalscoring, touch etc) and he had earned the call-up to the 1st team squad.

Ancelotti has been recently quoted as saying he wants a ‘counter-attacking’ striker. If we don’t bring one in, that descriptor applies much more to Simms than it does Tosun.
Disagree. He stated Simms still has to apply the work ethic into his game and has a way to go implying he needs to add this to his game before he can properly be considered. His all round game isbt there yet. Nor do I reckon he fits the counter attacking profile Ancelloti profile. Yes it's possible he'll replace Kean while he still develops but we still need that player the manager needs

4 more days to ship out some players to the Championship so it will be another busy week.

Links with King won't go away but personally we have to move for Sarr.
It's a shame if we don't. I know the goals here Sarr didn't score in the premier league but the variation of his goals shows the potential in his development. I wee comments on here that Talksport is saying we'll go for King and of course they're labelling him as brilliant because, let's face it, they have a whole different agenda

Got 7 goals in 30 prem games In his first season for Bournemouth. Last season missed it all through injury until after restart.
I followed his progress while he was at Sheffield due to a Blades fan singing his praises and even more when he went to Bournemouth where I thought he would improve his game even more. I would be careful about taking someone who is still feeling his way back after a serious injury, we've got enough of our own.

I followed his progress while he was at Sheffield due to a Blades fan singing his praises and even more when he went to Bournemouth where I thought he would improve his game even more. I would be careful about taking someone who is still feeling his way back after a serious injury, we've got enough of our own.
That’s fair, but to say he didn’t have a good first season in the prem was ridiculous

That’s fair, but to say he didn’t have a good first season in the prem was ridiculous
I wasn't being critical of his performances at all. As well as his goals, which included a brilliant headed effort, he set up a good few assists. Maybe I should have mentioned his injury as being the reason he never stepped up. I'm a fan of his.

Disagree. He stated Simms still has to apply the work ethic into his game and has a way to go implying he needs to add this to his game before he can properly be considered. His all round game isbt there yet. Nor do I reckon he fits the counter attacking profile Ancelloti profile. Yes it's possible he'll replace Kean while he still develops but we still need that player the manager needs
Most goals Simms scores for the U23 is when he is put through. So counter attacking yes
A move for King depends for me on how long Tosun is still out.

I agree that Simms may not be quite ready to be exposed to premier football yet. His all round game is improving though and was the first thing I noticed in the couple of games we've seen him this season.

However I have to disagree on your opinion that he doesn't fit the counter attacking profile that Ancelotti is looking for. The lad is deceptively quick, has a great turn of pace, is very comfortable playing on the shoulder of the last defender and, probably most importantly, is clinical in one on one situations. He rarely misses the target and if he doesn't score he invariably ensures the keeper has to make a save.

If he continues to improve over the next couple of years he could fit perfectly into a counter attacking system. Maybe I'm doing the lad a disservice by saying he isn't ready and perhaps Kean going on loan may open a door for him.

I agree that Simms may not be quite ready to be exposed to premier football yet. His all round game is improving though and was the first thing I noticed in the couple of games we've seen him this season.

However I have to disagree on your opinion that he doesn't fit the counter attacking profile that Ancelotti is looking for. The lad is deceptively quick, has a great turn of pace, is very comfortable playing on the shoulder of the last defender and, probably most importantly, is clinical in one on one situations. He rarely misses the target and if he doesn't score he invariably ensures the keeper has to make a save.

If he continues to improve over the next couple of years he could fit perfectly into a counter attacking system. Maybe I'm doing the lad a disservice by saying he isn't ready and perhaps Kean going on loan may open a door for him.

I agree. In many ways, he is almost the opposite of Calvert Lewin, but they have the potential to be very similar players. Calvert Lewin has worked a lot on his finishing and being more clinical, but it's the rest of his game that afforded him the time to develop it, as his work ethic was so good. Simms, in a cameo capacity, may well hit the ground running on the scoring front, but his all round game probably needs a bit of work. Being around DCL will only help him on that respect.

In these games so far, when we have been 2 or 3 up with 10 minutes to go, it could be an ideal breeding ground to test him out. But only once the coaches are satisfied that he can perform his other roles as well.

It's a shame if we don't. I know the goals here Sarr didn't score in the premier league but the variation of his goals shows the potential in his development. I wee comments on here that Talksport is saying we'll go for King and of course they're labelling him as brilliant because, let's face it, they have a whole different agenda

Really like this lad. Sadly, if there was any chance of us going for him before the end of this window there would at least have been some whispers. Plus he's away on International duty with a game tomorrow so there would be very little time available to get it over the line by Friday lunchtime.

Simms will get more minutes than Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back