Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not his fault when someone offered him a new three-year deal.
Looks like things could be changing and we won’t see these any more. Not sure if this was down to Unsworth/ DBB and Kenwright. Stinks of jobs for the boys.

with us recently giving 3yr deals to a number of 17 yr olds. This gives them And us plenty of time to see if they are up to the job. And I’d imagine most will be moved on after them 3yrs. Ones that haven’t broke through, but the club feel they still may have a chance or could be sold on for a decent fee. Maybe they will get a new 2 year deal.

Looks like things could be changing and we won’t see these any more. Not sure if this was down to Unsworth/ DBB and Kenwright. Stinks of jobs for the boys.

with us recently giving 3yr deals to a number of 17 yr olds. This gives them And us plenty of time to see if they are up to the job. And I’d imagine most will be moved on after them 3yrs. Ones that haven’t broke through, but the club feel they still may have a chance or could be sold on for a decent fee. Maybe they will get a new 2 year deal.

It’s opinion but I think it’s too easy to hand out extensions in the past even though we know some aren’t good enough at this level. If they aren’t good enough just release them and let them find clubs in lower divisions.

In fairness it's not really something we've done a lot of anyway, Pennington is pretty much unique in that sense. It was a truly baffling decision to give him the new deal. Hugely unlikely to be anything to do with Unsworth I would have thought, seeing as he was already over 23 and would obviously be going on loan anyway. You'd have to assume it was a Brands decision, just a bad one.

In fairness it's not really something we've done a lot of anyway, Pennington is pretty much unique in that sense. It was a truly baffling decision to give him the new deal. Hugely unlikely to be anything to do with Unsworth I would have thought, seeing as he was already over 23 and would obviously be going on loan anyway. You'd have to assume it was a Brands decision, just a bad one.
Brands wasn’t here when Pennington was given that new deal. And didn’t Unsworth get his own budget for the 23’s a few years ago. And he’s constantly banging on about how this player and that player is ready for the first team.

Then they go on loan to a lower division club and stink the gaff out. I don’t think Unsworth is blameless in a number of old players Still Hanging around the club

It was a Bill Kenwright decision.

still can’t believe we actually shifted him on a permanent deal.
I reckon what happened is we probably paid him a sweetener of maybe a million, and allowed him to go on a free. Still less than the £5m he was reportedly on, and he has the security of another long term contract albeit on lower wages. Everybody happy. ;)

The one piece of good news from TDD.

Brands wasn’t here when Pennington was given that new deal. And didn’t Unsworth get his own budget for the 23’s a few years ago. And he’s constantly banging on about how this player and that player is ready for the first team.

Then they go on loan to a lower division club and stink the gaff out. I don’t think Unsworth is blameless in a number of old players Still Hanging around the club
But it couldn't have come out of his under 23 budget, because Pennington wasn't under 23. That's what i'm saying. It just seems like an extension of how it's always been really, if something bad happens there are certain people who get the blame, if something good happens it's other people who get the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back