Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to start selling the fringe young players who will never make it to aid FFP.

Davies
Kenny
Dowell
Pennington
Hornby

Mad to think we could around £15-20 million for them which would offset largely what we have lost from the covid outbreak yet wouldnt effect us on the pitch whatsoever.

Im assuming we’ll be in for a Cb, a Rw and a Cm. Not sure that’s going to be enough though considering how crud our squad is

Need to start selling the fringe young players who will never make it to aid FFP.

Davies
Kenny
Dowell
Pennington
Hornby

Mad to think we could around £15-20 million for them which would offset largely what we have lost from the covid outbreak yet wouldnt effect us on the pitch whatsoever.

Pennington is out of contract end of season isn’t he? And Hornby was reportedly close to a move to another European club. Dowell will have suitors from one of the promoted clubs I should imagine, Kenny I dunno about, it comes down to wether Carlo wants to give him a chance next season and Davies I don’t see going anywhere unless we get two CMs in

Did they not ease all restrictions on ffp

yes and no. So they've basically made this period of FFP over two years rather than one (basically clubs that wanted to balance out before the time period expired, have another year to sort it).

So we could spend tonnes but then need to make it back one way or another by next summer. It's just giving clubs more time for the market to rise up again and be fixable for them.

In light of Brand's transfer comments to the Dutch press talking about his continuation of removing deadwood from the squad like Schneiderlin etc and the unexpected impact of Covid-19 has on the transfer market, I still have faith that we will be aligning first team players for Ancelotti.

We need 4 first team positions filled:
Right Back
Centre Back
Defensive Midfielder
Right Winger

Operating costs for transfers pre-Covid, I feel would have been around £60/80m on all transfer including incomings. Now I think the club taking a voluntary pay cut/freeze, I think we have around £50/60m.

Also bear in mind, this interview came before UEFA loosed Financial Fair Play and still no word on Manchester City pending case to be hear in July.

It sounds frustrating but at least we aren't the only club going through this and we at least have some communication coming out of the club.

Did they not ease all restrictions on ffp

they pushed it back a year, so we Would run into the same problems next year. We just have to try and be a bit smarter. Something like 31% of our wages is being taken up by players that contribute little or nothing. i Think I read we had 18 players in our 1st team squad that offered absolutely nothing in terms of minutes (I think that includes the likes of dowell and others On loan).
Plus it’s not only FFP that restricts us, it’s the PL regulations and we are sailing very close to the wind in terms of losses ,

He's a fantastic little player. Very quick, very versatile and very attacking. He won't come cheap though as many has had their eyes on him for a while. My guess would be 20+ mil. Don't think he's quite ready for the big clubs like Madrid or Barca, but more like Sevilla, Valencia or Lazio. Everton honestly seems like a decent fit giving that where probably the best side in the prem in terms of teams that need a new RB.

Exactly. Think I heard someone mention he might end up being Hakimi's replacement at Dortmund which seems fairly plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back