Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think if we sold Pickford and immediately replaced with Donnarumma then the whole of Europe would see our ambition.

The squad would think WOW were really adding top quality and world class potential here, a household name to these players.

Massive statement signing and one for the future. I imagine Kean would be made up as well.

I'm trying to figure out why if a 20m+ offer came we wouldn't take it. We could improve the position and be 5-10m better off too.
Because you will have to replace a first choice international keeper of his quality for 20m... can't be done.
We paid 30m for him, if hasn't reached his peak yet, is an English international which carries a premium and is on a long term contract.
Minimum 70m.

Because you will have to replace a first choice international keeper of his quality for 20m... can't be done.
We paid 30m for him, if hasn't reached his peak yet, is an English international which carries a premium and is on a long term contract.
Minimum 70m.
It absolutely can be done. For example Palace paid like 5m for Guaita and he's easily better.

Minimum 70m.
We also paid 45 mil for siggyfraud doesn’t mean they’re worth it, not everyone is as foolish with a cheque book as Walsh was

We won’t be actively looking to shift him no, but if a good offer comes in I think we’d be quite happy to move him on, especially given our financial problems. I doubt the people in charge of our recruitment will feel he’ll be tough to replace.
He’s very tough to replace. It would require £40m+ for a top quality goalkeeper which considering our midfield which is among the worst in the league is untenable.

No one has said hes for sale.

Several posters have posted the Chelsea link. He was also linked to them heavily before they signed Kepa so it may be a case of no smoke without fire.

Due to that i enquired who would be peoples choice of replacement if he was sold and how much would our asking price be.

Youre welcome to take part.
He wasn’t linked heavily to Chelsea at all, it was tabloid gumpf. If they’d wanted him they’d have signed him because we’d have let him go for a lot less than Kepa’s release clause

Who are we going to get for 10-15 million mate?
No offence but I hate it when people say this. It's not our job to know who they are, but clearly they exist. Players like Guaita and Dubravka are at least as good as Pickford and cost a fraction of the price, but I couldn't have named them for you before they moved to the PL. I'm genuinely not convinced Pickford is much better than Joel was in the end to be honest, I would be amazed if there aren't dozens of keepers we could sign for £10m or less who would have no detrimental impact on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back