Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it for years, I wish we could have capped the foreign players to like 3 per team. Money and foreign players have spoilt our league. People won't understand who have been born watching chelski and wengers French arsenal team. I grew up watching 90's football with limited foreign players it was brilliant. It was only towards the end of the 90's it started to go sour.
Don’t worry
Brexit will sort all them forens out
British fish for British people and all that stuff lol

Zaha £80m please god no!!!!! He's got loads of skill and can beat a man there's no doubt about that but we need assists and goals and for £80m he won't get close to what we'd expect. I'd rather give bolasie a few games as it aint gona cost anything and he's got skill (although everyone has wrote him off )

Danny ings I don't mind but I think we can do better so move on

Wilson I like but is too injury prone so swerve

Doucoure seems alright but I think we could get some1 better and cheaper,

I wouldnt want us to sign all of them like - as you said together for the money spent it wouldn't be that big an increase in quality to justify the outlay however I would certainly take one or two at the right price.

The problem for us is that until we get back into Europe our options are rather limited- we either a. Offer CL quality players daft wages (which I dont think Brands will do) or b. Sign attainable players who whilst not massively better than what we have can come in and do a job rather than the squad we have now filled with players like Tosun, Davies, Coleman, Niasse, Martina, Schneiderlin who realistically offer us little to nothing and in some cases can be detrimental to us ie. Niasse.

People forget before Man City signed the likes of Silva, Toure & Aguero they had to sign players like Elano, Santa Cruz, Lescott, Adebayor- players who weren't great but good enough to push you into Europe that opens up the door for you to attract those 'next level' players.

Elano (who may well have gone by then) or Santa Cruz (who barely got a sniff once Hughes was sacked) had little to do with Citeh finishing 5th and getting into the Europa league. Appointing Mancini and signing Tevez (both on daft wages I'd imagine) were probably much bigger reasons.

And while Adebayor and Lescott both played their part and weren't world beaters they were big transfers, consistently good top flight players and much better than either Elano or Cruz. Definitely a level above Ings, Wilson or this seasons Doucore.

I've said it for years, I wish we could have capped the foreign players to like 3 per team. Money and foreign players have spoilt our league. People won't understand who have been born watching chelski and wengers French arsenal team. I grew up watching 90's football with limited foreign players it was brilliant. It was only towards the end of the 90's it started to go sour.

Even Yagielka was too foren for me mate.

Come on lads, who we signing?? Outside liver buildings, licence plat “A Viilla

I’m going Tom Heaton, seen Sharpy as well and he was very coy when quizzing him

Elano (who may well have gone by then) or Santa Cruz (who barely got a sniff once Hughes was sacked) had little to do with Citeh finishing 5th and getting into the Europa league. Appointing Mancini and signing Tevez (both on daft wages I'd imagine) were probably much bigger reasons.

And while Adebayor and Lescott both played their part and weren't world beaters they were big transfers, consistently good top flight players and much better than either Elano or Cruz. Definitely a level above Ings, Wilson or this seasons Doucore.

Im pretty certain Hughes got City into 4th which led to Mancini who signed the likes of Aguero, Toure etc.

The point being some of our fans scoff at any suggestion of a player who isnt either CL quality or 18 and rated 88 potential after 2 seasons on FIFA.

If a player like Danny Ings or Docoure is available for the "right price" and we signed them I for one would be happy as the squads improved. Yes you can sprinkle fairy dust around those signings with an Everton Soares type if available - but we would have saved alot of money on transfer fees and wages had we signed a Danny Ings or Jamie Vardy type for £20-25 million rather than £50+ million on the likes of Tosun, Sandro & Niasse.

I hate this glorification of 90s football - it's just the era you grew up in so that's why you love it. What is it you think was so much better?

I couldnt think of a single league that would provide quality football with a limitation of 3 foreign players per team.

Im pretty certain Hughes got City into 4th which led to Mancini who signed the likes of Aguero, Toure etc.

The point being some of our fans scoff at any suggestion of a player who isnt either CL quality or 18 and rated 88 potential after 2 seasons on FIFA.

If a player like Danny Ings or Docoure is available for the "right price" and we signed them I for one would be happy as the squads improved. Yes you can sprinkle fairy dust around those signings with an Everton Soares type if available - but we would have saved alot of money on transfer fees and wages had we signed a Danny Ings or Jamie Vardy type for £20-25 million rather than £50+ million on the likes of Tosun, Sandro & Niasse.

You’re talking about the “right price” now, but you were explicitly calling for us to lash £60m on Callum Wilson in the summer. And Hughes didn’t get City 4th, he finished 10th in his only full season there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back