Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would take him but only at a very reduced price now, he's 28 and anyone who's 28 starts to decline nowadays it seems, particularly players like him that are pace and skill

A front three of Richarlison, Kean or DCL and Zaha could be quite exciting, maybe we could just bypass the midfield...

Can't see Zaha happening though

If Sancho goes to United, then i Could see Zaha going to Dortmund.

I think his age and price would count him out, if Dortmund get £100m for Sancho they will want to get 3 or 4 players with that money, when they sign older players they tend to be towards the end of their contracts or free, like this summer they have signed Emre Can and Thomas Meunier on free transfers

I think there is bit of “Everton is a much bigger club than Palace” and no one could argue that from a historical perspective they are miles bigger.
Currently there is almost parity in league terms although from memory I think we have only finished above Everton once in the past seven seasons (our current run in the EPL).
Zaha and his advisors will be looking for a team that will play in Europe and/or win things. That’s why he wants to leave Palace.Is that Everton at the moment? Maybe in a couple of years if the new manager is backed. Zaha will be almost 30 by then.
My view is that he will go to France or Germany to a club that has qualified for Europe or bolster the squad of a English top 6 team where he won’t play every game but be on more than Palace can pay him.
I’m sure he’s off but he is leaving himself very few options.
If he does become a Blue, I hope he is fantastic for you. Just can’t see it at the moment.
Zaha has very limited options. If he had ambition he was a fool to sign a new contract , what 2 years ago.
Palace want top dollar but in terms of assists and goals certainly last season he is nowhere near it.
He wouldn't get into any of the top 6 teams with the possible exception of Leicester.
No top European club would even contemplate him given the fee and wages.
I think he's stuck at Palace and to be honest they deserve each other.

My issue with Zaha is the same one I had with Bolasie, the same one I have now with Richarlison and Calvert Lewin. He is undeniably effective, he undeniably scored goals and gets assists, but how good a footballer is he actually? A lot of Palace’s goals seem to be they spring him on the counter, he gets it and tries to score or play the pull back. I’ve not seen him cross that effectively or link up play amazingly. You watch someone like Gordon, and you can tell immediately he’s a baller, similar to what Pienaar was, similar to a William type at Chelsea, you get the feeling you could ply them anywhere and your team is better for them being in the line up because they’re just good at football and can link play, pass, dribble, assist, cross, the full works. Our football is already terrible enough because we have too many players who can’t do all the above. Coleman gets it and it’s just head down and charges, same with the front two, same with Walcott when he plays. Just like Bolaise used to. My fear is Zaha is a similar type of player, very effective individually but doesn’t contribute to a good footballing team. You can carry some of those players in a team but we carry far too many already.

My issue with Zaha is the same one I had with Bolasie, the same one I have now with Richarlison and Calvert Lewin. He is undeniably effective, he undeniably scored goals and gets assists, but how good a footballer is he actually? A lot of Palace’s goals seem to be they spring him on the counter, he gets it and tries to score or play the pull back. I’ve not seen him cross that effectively or link up play amazingly. You watch someone like Gordon, and you can tell immediately he’s a baller, similar to what Pienaar was, similar to a William type at Chelsea, you get the feeling you could ply them anywhere and your team is better for them being in the line up because they’re just good at football and can link play, pass, dribble, assist, cross, the full works. Our football is already terrible enough because we have too many players who can’t do all the above. Coleman gets it and it’s just head down and charges, same with the front two, same with Walcott when he plays. Just like Bolaise used to. My fear is Zaha is a similar type of player, very effective individually but doesn’t contribute to a good footballing team. You can carry some of those players in a team but we carry far too many already.

I don’t have that issue with Richarlison. He’s top class. The problem is he has to do so much extra work because we’re rubbish. Put him in a top team and he’d score for fun.

I think his age and price would count him out, if Dortmund get £100m for Sancho they will want to get 3 or 4 players with that money, when they sign older players they tend to be towards the end of their contracts or free, like this summer they have signed Emre Can and Thomas Meunier on free transfers

Emre can went to juventus on a free, he's gone to dortmund for €25 million

Agreed

Also get the feeling Allen would be like the second type you mentioned, a very good player who could in reality do a job anywhere

Just that 29 age scares me but then I think of fernandinho running the show until 35

Agreed

Also get the feeling Allen would be like the second type you mentioned, a very good player who could in reality do a job anywhere

Just that 29 age scares me but then I think of fernandinho running the show until 35
Fernandinho plays with Kevin De Bruyne. It's a bit different.

Zaha has very limited options. If he had ambition he was a fool to sign a new contract , what 2 years ago.
Palace want top dollar but in terms of assists and goals certainly last season he is nowhere near it.
He wouldn't get into any of the top 6 teams with the possible exception of Leicester.
No top European club would even contemplate him given the fee and wages.
I think he's stuck at Palace and to be honest they deserve each other.

He isn't "Stuck" at Palace, he is 27 and there will be a lot of big clubs across Europe looking at him and you slagging off both Palace and the player, you are coming across as bitter because he didn't two years ago join Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back