Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely not sure what Doucoure does. Haven't rated him for a couple of years now.

Well he scores more goals than any of our central midfielders combined which is a start, like.

He does put himself about and at his best is a real handful with driving runs forward and late ones into the box.

His best form last season came when Pearson played him off the striker, but he was also instructed to get back and help out defensively.

He'd add to our side but, like we both agree, that isn't hard to do at the moment.

Agree; cannot understand how people are thinking lets bulk up the midfield but keep Pickford. We are in for another poor season if we keep him. My Opinion!!

Well as poor as Pickford's form was last season, if the players in front of him are actually able to prevent opposition attacks walking into the final third and retain possession (I know, a novel idea), it might help.

This window could actually turn out quite exciting if we can sell the likes of Davies, Delph, Sig etc and replace with quality. We wouldn’t miss them.
I think we go big for 2 or 3 singings, then we could, I say could, sign another 3 in the last week of the window if we can sell the Squad players.

Well he scores more goals than any of our central midfielders combined which is a start, like.

He does put himself about and at his best is a real handful with driving runs forward and late ones into the box.

His best form last season came when Pearson played him off the striker, but he was also instructed to get back and help out defensively.

He'd add to our side but, like we both agree, that isn't hard to do at the moment.

Yeh was gonna say isn't all the goals from our central mids this season like 3 haha. We need a more defensive minded player in there if JPG isn't gonna be ready for ages.

Yeah but in England

I've never seen this lad play. Just wondering why he's talked about so much. Genuinely curious.

Yeah I don't get it either really.

I can't exactly say I've watched Toulouse a lot. Because of the links last summer, I did try to watch him if I ever covered them but it was like 2-3 occasions throughout last season.

Reading up on him, he did seem to stagnate a bit last season. Doesn't make him a bad player, like, but I'm not sure the evidence is there that he'd come in and definitely solve our issues either.

That being said, every player is a gamble for us because of where we are. We finished 12th and want to bridge a gap to push the top six. We're a very hard sell - our only plus point is we can offer decent wages (if we get players out) and we have Ancelotti.

Maybe he is exactly the type of player we should buy, but he reminds me a lot of Bissouma who went to Brighton in that sense – maybe that's just where we are as a club right now, dunno.

Gianluca Di Marzio ( who ever he is ) said to SSN : "Carlo Ancelotti wants new players for Everton. Not only Allan from Napoli but also Doucoure from Watford and also the Roma winger Alessandro Florenzi, who was on loan at Valencia last year. These are two targets of Ancelotti. "

Apart from the fact that Gianluca can't count are there any Italian football experts who can give a lowdown on this ITK and the Roma winger he mentions ?

Yeh was gonna say isn't all the goals from our central mids this season like 3 haha. We need a more defensive minded player in there if JPG isn't gonna be ready for ages.

Which I suppose would be where the Allan thing comes in. Plus side is he's a player who can get us on the front foot because of his energy. So to have him and Doucoure would be a real upgrade on previously having Davies and Sigurdsson.

I don't actually think we're guaranteed to be sticking to 4-4-2 next season - or at least Carlo will want the option to change things up.

Gianluca Di Marzio ( who ever he is ) said to SSN : "Carlo Ancelotti wants new players for Everton. Not only Allan from Napoli but also Doucoure from Watford and also the Roma winger Alessandro Florenzi, who was on loan at Valencia last year. These are two targets of Ancelotti. "

Apart from the fact that Gianluca can't count are there any Italian football experts who can give a lowdown on this ITK and the Roma winger he mentions ?

Florenzi has played RB for ages now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back