Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem we have signings wise is so many players have been brought in by different managers knitting them together is proving difficult. 2 up front suits our strikers but not our midfield. I'm not totally convinced any of our centre backs are totally comfortable in a 2 but you need a left footer ideally to make 3 at the back work but neither of ours are quite ready and neither of our right backs are mobile enough to be wing backs but it probably would suit Digne. We need 2 midfielders whatever formation we have as only Gomes is good enough at the moment as we can't count Delph and Gbamin as they are both injury prone. Then there is the Sigurdsson conundrum he's on £120k p/w so no one is taking him off us but he only really suits one position in a system that doesn't seem to work. Finally on the wings we have 3 (4 if you count Richarlison) right footers who prefer the left and 2 of them (Iwobi and Gordon) and possibly all 3 (Bernard) might actually be better suited to being number 10s in the same system that suits Sigurdsson. Walcott is the only winger that prefers the right and he is very inconsistent.

That is why IMO we have to stand by Carl;o and do whatevere it takes to keep him here for the futre mot jst until the end of his contract.

Absolutely. I actually wanted to keep Silva because I was sick of changing. We also need to make sure whoever follows him sticks to his blue print.
Think we will stand by carlo and hopefully he will stand by us. Never ever wanted silva, didn't know what he had done to deserve the Everton job so no surprise that he failed. Mosh has now done what he should have done when he first arrived, get a world class manager in. But I agree we need to stop changing managers all the time

Think we will stand by carlo and hopefully he will stand by us. Never ever wanted silva, didn't know what he had done to deserve the Everton job so no surprise that he failed. Mosh has now done what he should have done when he first arrived, get a world class manager in. But I agree we need to stop changing managers all the time
Agreed. Need stability and we aren’t going to get a better manager than Carlo.

I was 100% behind Silva but agree it was a crazy appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back