Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I just don’t see him having the discipline for that role. Saying that, I was very surprised Kean played there yesterday and Richarlison went central. Davies covering for Rodriguez was a bit square peg round hole.

Personally, I think Gordon is much more effective cover for wide positions because he brings discipline and also has the legs to get us up the pitch when we’re under the cosh. Surprised he wasn’t an option off the bench.

Never know, may have had a slight knock not worth risking. Didn't seem too bothered with his congratuatlions on twitter.

Really hope there’s still 3-4 to come in.

Fantastic performance & result, but we need at least 18 reliable players to maintain that standard allowing for rotation, injuries & suspensions.

We’re only a couple of yellows & a knock away from Sigurdsson & Iwobi. I’m sure we’ll bring in a couple more, but hope it’s 4.

You want us to sign 12 new players then???????????

There's a big question mark over what the Zaha money would even be at the moment. There's no links as it stands but anyone with that direct pace and ability would be ideal for us.
I know the market has readjusted for the pandemic but Palace would still probably want a hefty fee. And as you say, no credible links at the minute.

There's a big question mark over what the Zaha money would even be at the moment. There's no links as it stands but anyone with that direct pace and ability would be ideal for us.
I think us signing him is dependant on who we can get rid of. The priorities were identified and signed. Hoping we can shift Iwobi for no loss and I expect a couple of other teams to panic a bit after poor starts and sign some of our dead wood.

...yesterday illustrated we need pace and power in the back four and that will not be addressed with Holgate. We sat deep and they still managed to get in behind (Doherty) because none of them have powers of recovery. Only a last ditch intervention by Doucoure stopped Spurs being clean through on goal in a central area.

Its a fault that needs to be fixed and the players we’re being linked with (Gabriel and Tomori - certainly not Stones) suggests Ancelotti and Brands think the same.

Those players cost big money mate.

If Brands didnt want to pay the £27 million or so for Gabriel then we aint getting a top CB this summer.

Would rather loan a CB and go all out next summer on a top player.

A RB with pace would be adequate in helping us defend against quick opposition.

I don’t see it unless we offload players. He’ll want big wages and we’ll need players off the books. Palace wouldn’t want any of our players.

I think any of tosun, iwobi, Bernard, jjk would be welcome additions to them tbh. Did you see the squad they had to put out on Saturday?

I think any of tosun, iwobi, Bernard, jjk would be welcome additions to them tbh. Did you see the squad they had to put out on Saturday?
I think from Palace’s perspective it might be the wages some of those guys are on. Roy obviously had an interest in Tosun but doubt he’d pass a medical atm.

If Richarlison and James are gonna be our first choice options for the flanks then I’d rather us look at a younger, cheaper option than Zaha - despite him obviously being a very talented footballer. The links to Bailey earlier on in the window I reckon make sense, especially given that he has experience playing on both wings... I do think there’s a number of decent options for the flanks that we can look at as an alternative to Zaha.

I think from Palace’s perspective it might be the wages some of those guys are on. Roy obviously had an interest in Tosun but doubt he’d pass a medical atm.
Really doubt Palace would be interested in Tosun now that they got Batsuyai. And werent they suppose to sign the Brentford winger ? So that might end any interest in for example Bolasie. Maybe Besic but also there they have similar players like Mc Arthur and Mc Carthy

Really doubt Palace would be interested in Tosun now that they got Batsuyai. And werent they suppose to sign the Brentford winger ? So that might end any interest in for example Bolasie. Maybe Besic but also there they have similar players like Mc Arthur and Mc Carthy
Woy brought Delph into the England team, he loves an older experienced head in the middle of the park and i'm sure he'd love someone like that.

So at best they have one avarage striker atm then. Think they are still in for tosun myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back