Everton under Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy

Player Valuation: £70m
Ok , I'm far from happy about it but it looks like the bearded one is going to take over at Goodison so what would his team look like and could it work ?

Obviously over time his personel changed at Wolves but for the most part he played 3-5-2 and only last season did he try ( with disastrous consequences ) to play 4 at the back.

Whilst we all agree that our squad is poor and whilst I detest Nuno's philosophy of getting 11 men behind the ball this formation might actually suit our players.

We have plenty of centre halves , but no outstanding one and we have no wingers.

At Wolves this would be a pretty normal line up ......

Patricio

Saiz Coady Boly

Semedo or Doherty Dendonker Neves Moutinho Jonny

Jiminez Jota

Whatever formation we play I think everyone is agreed that we need a right back or right wing back. So for the sake of argument let's say Dumfries is signed.

Similarly we need a central defensive midfielder - Gana's replacement or what we hoped Gbamin would be. As I have posted elsewhere although he wouldn't be everyone's favourite I could see Nuno go back to Wolves for Neves to play this role. He would be less a destroyer more a deep laying playmaker.

Ideally we brought in a really top CB as well as competition for the strikers. Playing this way would avoid the need to sign to wide midfielders.

So he could line up ......

Pickford

Mina Keane Godfrey

Dumfries Doucoure Neves Allan Digne

DCL Richarlison.

Now I remain opposed to the appointment of Nuno and his philosophy but it could just work.

The cost of bringing in Dumfries , Neves , Nunes and a striker should be relatively modest , perhaps £70 million and significantly offset by sales.

Hard to have an opinion until he's through the door and we have some new players. As much as we need a manager, let us not forget we are desperate and I mean desperate to replace some of our 'stars' who keep letting us down season on season with lack of desire and effort/attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.