Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatting a bit to a couple at the game who were first time visitors from the far east somewhere I assume. Started off with them barely watching the game just sticking their phones in the air as so many tend to do.

Anyway by the end they were just looking around, huge smiles on their faces, sometimes laughing, sometimes bemused, and just seemingly gob smacked in shear awe of witnessing Evertonians in full voice roaring our approval for our team. Their phones were long since forgotten. They got their monies worth from us I think!

I'm going to really miss Goodison as there really is no place like it on days like these.

p.s. I told them it was quiet compared to a night game on a lively night lol
I love this

Consistent deep corners were nice, right over the keeper and sticking a few of our lads at the back post.

Sure there were a few crap crosses in the game, but that's fine, at least we're attacking.
That’s the thing. The fans get a lot of crap for being anxious and moaning but we NEVER complain and always applaud positive direct play.

The time we get toxic is when the players are knocking it between center backs or passing backwards from midfield. If you play a forward pass and it doesn’t come off you’ll likely get encouragement and applause for the idea.

A lot of great performances Saturday, but Onana getting 70% of the vote shows just how immense he was.
Play with that intensity and I fancy our midfield against the RS

That’s the thing. The fans get a lot of crap for being anxious and moaning but we NEVER complain and always applaud positive direct play.

The time we get toxic is when the players are knocking it between center backs or passing backwards from midfield. If you play a forward pass and it doesn’t come off you’ll likely get encouragement and applause for the idea.
We really love direct football and fighting for second balls

The whole 'toxic' cliche is boring. It applies only to most fans very justified opinion of the club's board. Demonstrations have been entirely fair and conducted properly.

Everton was rocking vs Arsenal because Manager, fans and team were 'aligned' as Dyche phrases it.
Energy from fans, creating and rewarding endeavour and energy on the pitch. I think Everton fans 'get' that and rightly expect it, and show appreciation when it's on display. I hope the fans sense of fairness will be rewarded more often under Dyche, I think it will be.

I've been a fan of Dyche for years and I thought we should have gone for him and not Ancelotti (becuase in what other way has this club represented a European elite since the 80s?). None. So we need a manager that understands our constraints and the risk of wasting money on dross that offers less than a well-organised committed unit. And a manager that cares when it's not working (which I think only Frank did). None of the other kack since Moyes (ignoring Unsy and Ferguson for a moment).

But I've not seen fans slating players.

And all fans have a right to call out the disastrous depths of incompetence this board frequently demonstrates, that's not toxic. That's taking responsibility.

They players seem to be doing that finally - so the board must see it is their time to move on, too.

The whole 'toxic' cliche is boring. It applies only to most fans very justified opinion of the club's board. Demonstrations have been entirely fair and conducted properly.

Everton was rocking vs Arsenal because Manager, fans and team were 'aligned' as Dyche phrases it.
Energy from fans, creating and rewarding endeavour and energy on the pitch. I think Everton fans 'get' that and rightly expect it, and show appreciation when it's on display. I hope the fans sense of fairness will be rewarded more often under Dyche, I think it will be.

I've been a fan of Dyche for years and I thought we should have gone for him and not Ancelotti (becuase in what other way has this club represented a European elite since the 80s?). None. So we need a manager that understands our constraints and the risk of wasting money on dross that offers less than a well-organised committed unit. And a manager that cares when it's not working (which I think only Frank did). None of the other kack since Moyes (ignoring Unsy and Ferguson for a moment).

And all fans have a right to call out the disastrous depths of incompetence this board frequently demonstrates, that's not toxic. That's taking responsibility.

They players seem to be doing that finally - so the board must see it is their time to move on, too.
I question this, personally. Edit, not questioning your experience, just it is different to mine.

Yes as big Sam was our only modern manager who left us much better than he started you think the board would have seen the light as to the type of manager we needed

First time in almost 30 years of supporting Everton, couldn't watch few last games under Lampard when all we do was that. On and on.

I just watched the match again, with a lot less stress. One thing that has been missing for so long, we’d foul them on the counter. On Saturday, We’d try anything to drop the player from countering. The amount of terrible goals we’ve let in over the last few years because we’re not willing to take a yellow has been ridiculous. It made me happy watching us try to kick and pull them to the ground on the half way like

I know most people will be not arsed about this but why are Arsenal allowed to wear their white shorts every time they come to Goodison? We have to change ours to Blue whenever we visit the Emirates.

Same with Leeds, they never have to change their white shorts when they play here but we're forced to when we go to Bellend Road. This also happened when Swansea were in the Prem whereas Man Utd never play in their traditional white shorts when they come to our place.

I know I probably need to get a life fast but it proper bugs me. It seems there's different rules for different clubs when it comes to colour clashes.

A lot of great performances Saturday, but Onana getting 70% of the vote shows just how immense he was.
Play with that intensity and I fancy our midfield against the RS

I would definitely fancy us if VD is still out. But knowing our luck he'll be back and transform them into a functional defence again.

Any word if he's back?

Status
Not open for further replies.