Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As i didnt see the game, How was the tactic different today than under Lampard? What made us get this win? Was it more confidence? Harder work? Players knowing better what to do and where to.move?

All three of those. Plus less Hollywood bullcrap, just simple instructions for simple players. Onana and Douc defending from the front and expressing themselves as a result. Mcneil and Iwobi just doing a classic wing man's job - not as a forward, but as a wide man. Dom holding up the ball well, people around him looking to play.

As i didnt see the game, How was the tactic different today than under Lampard? What made us get this win? Was it more confidence? Harder work? Players knowing better what to do and where to.move?

Defensively more solid. Set pieces everyone knew where to be. Players covering eachother when putting in challenges. A few moments where we rode our luck, but much better

In attack much much more direct. Midfielders looking for through balls (not seen one attempted this season I think) wingers much more in the game.

Utilised DCL really well. His physical presence was a nuisance to arsenal. Shame he went off

Lo and behold, a match was played betwixt two great football clubs, with Amadou Onana of the winning side shining as the brightest star on the field. On this day, he was a true warrior, wielding his skills with grace and might, determined to bring victory to his team.

As the game commenced, all eyes were upon him, for it was known that he had the power to sway the outcome. And sway it he did, for he played with a cunning and bravery that was unmatched by his opponents.

The men of Arsenal, a fierce and powerful squad, were no match for Onana's skill and wit. He dribbled past them as though they were but mere ghosts, scoring goals with ease and leaving the Gunners in awe. His movements were swift and sure, and his shots were precise and powerful.

In the end, it was clear that Onana's performance was the deciding factor in his team's victory, and the crowd cheered and praised him as the hero of the match. And so it was that his name was recorded in the annals of football lore, a shining example of the greatness that can be achieved by one who is determined and skilled.

Thus, the tale of Onana's brilliant display against Arsenal shall be told and retold for generations to come, as a testament to the power and beauty of the game of football.

I’m not proud of it

But Wolves losing is the better result for Everton
disappointment-disappointment-sigh.gif

It would definitely help in the objective sense, but we've had so little optimism for a while now. An Everton victory and the RS losing would cheer many up.

Also, it means we go into the next derby with confidence, whereas they'll be on an even worse run of form.

which means nothing mate you should know by now

Status
Not open for further replies.