Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be playing 4 3 3 - but we don’t have the extra midfielder needed, and our two full backs can’t attack. Need to find a creative midfielder on loan this window.

An unbalanced squad who offer near zero threat from open play.

In the short term we have to stop conceding from set pieces and try to grind out some points…and an inspired managerial appointment. Passion won’t be enough to get us out of this mess.

Get in a DoF , a manager and then at least a new defender and a midfielder and then I think we'll be okay .
I would of liked Dunc to stay to the end of the season but because of the situation we are in I would be reluctant to take that gamble .

Benitez has ruined us this season, dropped us into the relegation battle, bought two players, sold Digne then sacked a week later - he should have gone after the Derby.

We are in an absolute mess.
I’d argue that the greater crime is that he was allowed to ruin us.

It was bad enough that he was ever hired, but it intolerable folly to allow everything that happened from Brands being sacked onwards.

It just put the cherry on the top by sacking him post his scorching of the club.

So disappointing. I Think Dunc got it wrong. Wrong formation, wrong players starting. Gordon should have started. Should have been 3 In the midfield. We were better in the second half, but DCL was way off the pace today. Made some half decent chances but apparently no one in our squad can head the ball. Honestly think we'll be lucky to stay up. This squad just doesn't have it in them. Too many average to below average players. If Richy or Gray don't do something miraculous, we have no chance of scoring.
at this moment in time I’m 95% certain we won’t go down, we are still a good few point clear, the teams below are woeful but so are we but we will pick up enough points to be safe. I know losing isn't ideal but in a way it will certainly get Dunc working harder to sort things, this was always a tough game.

No problem with that performance – they gave it everything, just lacking quality as always. On another day something bounces in our favour and we win 2-1.

More of that intensity and we'll be fine.

We're so reliant on Gray having a good game at the moment. Shame he had an off day.

No idea why the hate for JJK. He had a decent game. No idea why the fans get on his back.
We always need a scroat goat and if he's home grown, all the better.

No new manager bounce. No clean sheet. No goals. Nothing.
well I suppose there is something. Surely Ferguson now knows who not to start against Newcastle. Go with the players that finished today's match. With maybe Patterson in place of Kenny. Onyango....Allen and Gordon all start. Shame about that first half today.
So for me now it's on to plan D. That is praying. Not sure if we have as a football club , got a plan A . B or C. So it's plan D for me. Pray and hope for the best. Geez........this football club takes it out of you. Just give us all a win soon. Up The Toffees. Our useless wee Toffees......

This kind of comment acting like that was a good performance today is nonsense I feel. It wasn't any better effort wise than what it had been already. The first half there were zero chances then second half villa allowed us to have the ball as they had a lead and they fairly comfortably defended that. It was a crap performance with a crap result and its relegation on the cards unless if someone comes in who knows what they are doing.

You wanted Ancelotti sacked and slated him at every opportunity so off you pop.

I'd like to see Godfrey and Mina together at centre back next game, the two new full backs given a run and a midfield 3 with Allan, Gomes and Doucs providing he is fit. Richy, DcL and Gordon leading the attack.

Today wasn't great by any means but there was noticeable differences in attitude and competitiveness. And the stats showing we only had one shot on target is quite misleading because we had several excellent chances from headers or balls flashed across the box, not to mention the break in the first half from Digne's mistake that Doucs wasted.

Set pieces again though, how many times is that going to happen? To let a player like Buendia score from a goalkeeper is just so, so poor.

Individually the players should be good enough (or most of them).

Our squad balance is terrible though. We don't seem to have many option in the middle of the park yet we have no manager or DOF to rectify that. We are an utter shambles.

Also how bad/broken must Gbamin be?
He's just not tall enough for the "pump the ball in the box" tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.