Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Danjuma starting, doesn't offer enough defensively. More likely to see Young or Garner on the wing I think.
I think Danjuma is going to be a Demarai Gray situation forcing out a move. Dyche also said "he's an everton player, we decide" for Gray and look what happened a few days after that. Mark my words Danjuma will never play for Everton again.

Can't see Danjuma starting, doesn't offer enough defensively. More likely to see Young or Garner on the wing I think.

Young's been out for ages. Garner can't be moved to the wing given the lack of CMs (and Doucoure will be exposed against Villa's midfield if he's dropped back so needs to be as forward as possible).

I thought it might just be a back 5 again but Dyche will probably be scared from Wolves.

I actually think Gomes might get a start in this. Dyche was happy to put him in v Man. City so don't see why Villa would be any different and they play at a slower tempo generally so Gomes will get some time on the ball and that could be enough to get a key pass or two through to the forwards.

Mind you he's had some shockers against Villa in the past. That August 2019 game he was completely hopeless at Villa Park.

Young's been out for ages. Garner can't be moved to the wing given the lack of CMs (and Doucoure will be exposed against Villa's midfield if he's dropped back so needs to be as forward as possible).

I thought it might just be a back 5 again but Dyche will probably be scared from Wolves.

I actually think Gomes might get a start in this. Dyche was happy to put him in v Man. City so don't see why Villa would be any different and they play at a slower tempo generally so Gomes will get some time on the ball and that could be enough to get a key pass or two through to the forwards.

Mind you he's had some shockers against Villa in the past. That August 2019 game he was completely hopeless at Villa Park.
Nevermind August 2019......August 2023 (This season) at villa park was one of the worse displays I have seen. We were totally dominated.

I think Danjuma is going to be a Demarai Gray situation forcing out a move. Dyche also said "he's an everton player, we decide" for Gray and look what happened a few days after that. Mark my words Danjuma will never play for Everton again.
People who say "mark my words" on here need to be treated with caution

To be honest this’ll be a hard game.

Not usually a fan of Sunday games but in some ways I’m pleased Everton won’t be ruining a Saturday off.

I do though continue to hugely trust in our gravelly scotch egg.

Need to win this big time, with another FFP charge to be possibly being announced this weekend. A good performance but not getting 3 points won`t do us any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back