Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Player Ratings:

Pickford 2- Seem not able to cover post to post from long range missiles. Neither can cope with short range head on softies, palming either into goal or giving assist.

Coleman 8- Appreciate his value more when you see how Davies is so vulnerable at his position.

Keane 7- A bit tired after 6 continuous full game otherwise accomplished.

Mina 9- Important header reminding us of his 2 headers before half time which calmed the team going into the tunnel. His timely blocks helped keep classic Everton self implosion at bay.

Digne 8- Decent game.

Doucoure 8.5- Have to be less box to box as need to cover for slower compatriots Sig n Tom. Else when free to advance crafted assist of beauty.

Siggy 7- Played his heart out tracking back in first half. 2nd half was less visible.

Davies 6- Painfully awkward in first half, clueless and shied away from receiving passes in opponent's half. Beside passing back he was again gutless. 2nd half put in a couple of tackles and was more lively when we led by 2 goals. Vulnerable at right back.

James 9.5- One assist, Two goals, pace maker, goal creator, pass stringer, … just magnificent footballer.

Richarlison 8- Can see the injury affected him but faultless in commitment, which resulted in aggravating his injury. A warrior.

DCL 8- Can't seem to shake off scoring. Hope he keeps up with the addiction.

Delph 7.5- Revived player after his sent off and the long break. Seem to be more humble and wants to improve. Decent today.

Walcott 5- Under performed perhaps to less game time.

Carlos 9- Equalled Four wins feat since 1895. Not easy accomplishment if you are managing the Blues.

COYB, UTT. Derby's next.
I think you were a little unfair with Davies. I think he played a much better game than what you give him credit for. Walcott on the other hand should have gotten a lower score. He really looked like someone who didn't think belong to the party. I remember seeing him in Arsenal (new Everton fan via James and Mina) and I'm shocked how bad he is playing. I would put Gordon in front of him at this point.

Loved the headline in sports page of Melbourne paper this morning.

Everton goes top, Leeds excites, but City in Dias straits. :)

As said on another thread, just got back from short safari here in Botswana.. had zero internet. Our guide gave me the result in the morning after.. then this morning to hear the Liverpool result.. the tracker we had this weekend is a Liverpool fan! All set up for the 17th.. watched the extended highlights now.

superb header form DCL.. James makes his first finish seem easy but takes some skill...
Brilliant !

With no game now till the RS on the 17th, the MotM Poll for the Brighton game remains open till 4.56pm UK time this Thursday (8th), so if you haven't yet voted, there's plenty of time to do so ;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.