Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how magical Everton are

200.gif

Any manager would need time and funds to change this around. Unless you believe that we should be doing significantly better with the players available?

Across numerous managers now, the entire defence of Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Godfrey, Kenny have all shown themselves to be unreliable and incapable of performing regularly for a top half EPL team.

Add Allan, Gomes to that list too. Even Doucoure and DCL were dreadful today.
No , a manager needs to take another coaching course. He has seen us bottle it against all teams that flood the midfield. You don't have to be Pep to see that .
He's a joke and I blame him with all my heart .

He brought Rondon on, WTF kind of subbing is that. When he had Simms and Dobbin available.
Pure popcorn from him, I mean the chance was there to make a change after Gordon’s first, he waits till we concede a third to even think of one then doesn’t implement it until after Gordon’s second, then goes like for like swapping Allan for Gomes instead of an extra attacker

He set up wrong again playing 5 at the back and ultra defensive ( we weren't playing chelsea again Rafael u coward) invited pressure that our timid defence couldn't cope with it.

Had we been on the front foot from the start of the game with the right formation the result would have been better
He set up with 5 at the back assuming that they'd play Lamptey and attack down the wings. Thing is, why would anybody do that against us when it's easier to walk through the middle of the pitch and score?

I'm not anti-Benitez still, but today was awful management.

Status
Not open for further replies.