Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even a matter of it being a desperate situation in regards to resources, it's the managerial tactics, lack of commitment and lack of action from a managerial perspective. For all the talk from pundits of him being a 'thinking manager', he seems happy to sit on woeful performances without change and when eventually moved to action often makes the wrong change (seemingly protecting a loss). Another manager might at least get the players moving like they had some heart in it.

But he's got rid of that bad apple Lucas Digne, only a matter of time before things perk up.

Pure popcorn from him, I mean the chance was there to make a change after Gordon’s first, he waits till we concede a third to even think of one then doesn’t implement it until after Gordon’s second, then goes like for like swapping Allan for Gomes instead of an extra attacker
Allans legs had gone tbf, but simms over fat ron any day

We’re pretty much the only team in the league playing with just two in the middle of the park - genuinely brain dead tactic ceding control of the middle of the pitch from the start - and he wonders why we end up behind in almost every single match. Like you am completely dumbfounded why he continues with the tactic when he’s got Gomes he can chuck in.

Because he is clueless.

Makes me want to go mow the lawn

michigan-man-tries-to-mow-his-lawn-that-is-covered-in-snow.gif

Allan and Doucoure have been a good solid 2/10.
You just can't expect is to win with these two in the mf, and that back 4. Doucs is too slow, observing him from a long time, and Allan is as slow and doesn't even have any creativity...need a pacy mf in the mf who can break opposition play, this should be the priority along with a decent centre half

I can't lie, a lot of managers would struggle to get anything out of players like Holgate, Keane and Rondon. Team just isn't good enough and that isn't really Benitez fault. What I do hold him accountable for are his questionable tactics and choice of substitutions. Utter garbage that. See a lot of folks saying we need to sack him. Other than giving Big Dunc the mantle till the end of the seaon, who else is available? (Don't say Nuno, please).

Status
Not open for further replies.